Andoid App Google drive location

Discussions about the smartphone versions
kfly

Andoid App Google drive location

Post by kfly »

On the windows version you can specify "the root of your GDrive folder:". But on the android version it seems to be hard coded to the Google drive root folder.
How can you specify a sub folder for Google drive synchronization on the android app?
I like to keep all my logbooks and crd files in "Divelog" folder in Google Drive.
Thanks much. Great product.

Kevin
Android version 5.4.1
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Andoid App Google drive location

Post by divinglog »

The default folder on Android is the "Divelog" folder in the root of the cloud drive. As your folder is called "Divelog" this should already work and all .sql files should be synced there.

For Google Drive, the Android app can only access files and folders which were created by the app. So you have to perform an upload from Android to Google Drive the very first time, then the app has access to this folder and the .sql file, even if it is replaced by the PC version.

The function on the PC to specifiy the folder is normally only used if the auto recognition does not work and you can specify the root of the Google Drive. Right now the folder for syncing is always called "Divelog" and should be in the root of the cloud folder.
kfly

Re: Andoid App Google drive location

Post by kfly »

Thanks. That solved my issue.
(renamed my divelog folder to divelog.bu then let the android app create the folder. then just copy files needed from the .bu folder)