Dive Profile Problem

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
racerfern

Dive Profile Problem

Post by racerfern »

Attached are two screenshots and the exported data from my Sherwood Wisdom 3. Note the downward spike at about 56 minutes. I did descend to about 20 ft to take a few more pictures at the bottom but did not descend to over 90 ft at that point.

Nothing in the data indicates this profile and even a direct download from the Wisdom 3 shows the same problem. As you can see from the sherwood profile the data for that specific time is shown in the upper table section.

BTW, Scubase does not show this anomoly. I just couldn't attach another picture.

Thoughts?
Attachments
Fernando Maldonado_32.WISDOM 3.9432.TXT
(17.48 KiB) Downloaded 474 times
divinglog_profile_pic.jpg
divinglog_profile_pic.jpg (92.39 KiB) Viewed 9170 times
sherwood_profile_pic.jpg
sherwood_profile_pic.jpg (76.71 KiB) Viewed 9170 times
Many thanks,

Fernando
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Dive Profile Problem

Post by divinglog »

Hi Fernando

Have you imported that data from the Sherwood software or downloaded it directly with Diving Log? If you want you can email me your logbook file and I'll fix that spike manually. I'm not sure why this spike is not in the Sherwood data table, but in the Diving Log profile data table you should see the wrong depth value. I would guess it's either a recording issue or an import issue.

Kind regards,
Sven
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

I've tried importing both ways with the same result and I do see the odd number in the Profile Data table.

Thanks for the offer to edit it out for me but I wonder what it would take for me to do it myself. You can email me or PM me if that would be better.

Thanks.
Many thanks,

Fernando
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I've added a small improvement to Diving Log to make it easier to fix profile problems. Please download this zip file and extract it into the Diving Log program folder.

Then open the incorrect dive in the logbook, click the "Profile" tab in the toolbar and then "Export > Data > CSV". Open the csv file in Notepad or any other editor, find the incorrect depth value and change it to a meaningful value. Save the file and click the "Import" button in the profile toolbar to import the CSV file. The profile graphic should update and when everything looks fine, save the dive.
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Thanks, it worked like a charm.
Many thanks,

Fernando
Buceador

Post by Buceador »

Can the same thing be done with the temperature profile?
TnT

Post by TnT »

The spike might be a bug in the parser. See this topic for instructions on reporting bugs: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1296
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Buceador wrote:Can the same thing be done with the temperature profile?
Yes it can, it will work with quite a bit of profile data. Although, when it's exported into csv it is difficult to read since the time along with the data stream you want is all shoved into one column. It should be two columns, either tab or comma delimited. Maybe the next version...
Many thanks,

Fernando
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I have to update the profile data import to support the other profiles. Right now only Profile 1 (depth and warnings) can be imported. But I can update this.
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

So then my question is, "Where is this data stored? Encrypted/compressed within the mdb file? Using MDBViewerPlus I can easily see the database but none of the profile data.
Many thanks,

Fernando
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Buceador

Post by Buceador »

divinglog wrote:
I have to update the profile data import to support the other profiles. Right now only Profile 1 (depth and warnings) can be imported. But I can update this.
Would be great!