Diving Log Designer - Flag variable

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
Gravis2005

Diving Log Designer - Flag variable

Post by Gravis2005 »

Hi everybody !!
I need some help with the log designer...
i am designing my own Log style, and i wish to add the Country Flag next to the Country Name.... but there is no "Country flag Variable"!!
Is there another method to do this??

Thank you all and apologies for my English! :mrgreen:
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Diving Log Designer - Flag variable

Post by divinglog »

Hi

The Country flag is currently only available in the Country printout (when you select "Country" in the print dialog list). In the logbook printout, only the name is available. It is planned to make the detailed data also available in the dives printout in a future update.

Kind regards,
Sven
Gravis2005

Post by Gravis2005 »

Ok, great, thanks for the answer!!
i was thinking that maybe until the update, somebody could help us writing a temporary solution.
I dont know anything about programming :oops: , but its possible to do something like this?:

Code: Select all

"if LogCountry=Germany, then show img=germany.png ; if LogCountry=Spain, then show img=spain.png"

and so on...
offcourse, "spain.png" is the name of the spain flag embedded in the project.

Once again, i have no idea about Codes and programing, so i am just asking you guys if this is possible??
:angelic:
thanks again!!
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

With some effort you can do this. Just add a flag picture from the left toolbar in the report designer for each of your countries. Set the "Appearance Condition" property to "Formula..." and use this formular for each country (replace USA with each country name):

LogCountry="USA"
Gravis2005

Post by Gravis2005 »

divinglog wrote:With some effort you can do this. Just add a flag picture from the left toolbar in the report designer for each of your countries. Set the "Appearance Condition" property to "Formula..." and use this formular for each country (replace USA with each country name):

LogCountry="USA"

Thank you very much!!! that works like a charm!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Great, I'm glad it works! 8)
KRYSGEN

Post by KRYSGEN »

Hi,
since I have the same request. I wanted to ask if this work around is still necessary or if there is a easier solution possible at the current version?
Regards
Chris
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Chris

As I was working on the print function right now, I've added the country flag to the dives report data. Please download this zip file and copy the content into the Diving Log 6.0 program folder. Then you will find the variable CountryFlagPic in the report designer.

Kind regards,
Sven