Looking for testers for Diving Log Facebook Profile Uploader

3rd party extensions (phpDivingLog, dive computer downloader,...)
AndyDragon

Re: Looking for testers for Diving Log Facebook Profile Uplo

Post by AndyDragon »

Okay, I did some work on the uploader (and created a FB image cache server on my web server) to host up the pictures as a cached proxy. PiAir, this should work for you now if you can give it a try again.

I added a couple of things...first is the image proxy mentioned above, the comment in the post is also posted as a comment in the picture. Lastly, I delete (if possible) the picture upload notification post on your wall since that's not needed (the app posts the notification post with the dive info instead).

As for not remembering credentials, that is as designed...'keep me logged in' means during that session. The cookie which is returned is NOT saved anywhere between instances of the application for security reasons...
Andrew Forget
PADI IDC Staff Instructor 212158
Petrus

Post by Petrus »

Here as well

When i try to open DB i receive "Diving log Facebook uploader has stoped worked."
Using Windows 7 x64 with diving log 5.05

When opening in debugger.. it says
IndexOutOfRange Exception not handled
AndyDragon

Post by AndyDragon »

Fixed. I had the visibility of all my dives set to a value but there were some in yours that were not set. Sven used -1 for those instead of 0 and that was what the code expected. I added some simple clipping and your log book opened just fine. I've updated the click-once, you should be able to run your local copy and do the update and then open your DB.

Thanks for passing me your DB, that's helpful for things like this!
Andrew Forget
Petrus

Post by Petrus »

Yep nice quick fix
posting my first dives on facebook as we forum...:)

Thanks for the great support in the same quality "Sven's Divelog support" style
PiAir

Post by PiAir »

AndyDragon wrote:Okay, I did some work on the uploader (and created a FB image cache server on my web server) to host up the pictures as a cached proxy. PiAir, this should work for you now if you can give it a try again.
Thanks Andy, I'm traveling at the moment, will give it a try when I get back hime (end of the week)
AndyDragon

Post by AndyDragon »

You're both very welcome, if there is anything else, please post here, pm me or email me.

I think Sven and I both have a similar outlook for software development...we both feel that if you offer software to people, it's important that it work and when it doesn't it is dissatisfying. Dedication to making sure it works you might say. Might not have every feature that people want (yet), but what's there should work properly. When it doesn't it needs to be fixed, no excuses.
Andrew Forget
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thank you Andy, you are doing really a great job with the Facebook uploader! I'll write a blog post about it, so hopefully a lot of users will find it. And I'm sure I can integrate it some day right into Diving Log.
AndyDragon

Post by AndyDragon »

Thanks Sven. If you do blog about it, can you also add a call for translators for other languages? It would be nice to offer the UI to people in their native language as well!
Andrew Forget
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

No problem, I'll do that. Have I already translated it to German? I can't remember anymore.
AndyDragon

Post by AndyDragon »

Not yet, I can send you the Excel spreadsheet (or you should have access from the SVN repository I set up)...it's in there.
Andrew Forget
PiAir

Post by PiAir »

PiAir wrote:
AndyDragon wrote:Okay, I did some work on the uploader (and created a FB image cache server on my web server) to host up the pictures as a cached proxy. PiAir, this should work for you now if you can give it a try again.
Thanks Andy, I'm traveling at the moment, will give it a try when I get back hime (end of the week)
Sorry about the really late reply/update!
I tested the new version and it works without a problem. Thanks for fixing this.

If you need a translator for Dutch, just let me know/send me the file that needs to be translated. :-)
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Great work, Andy! I've written a blog post about your add-on.
lloyd_borrett

Post by lloyd_borrett »

G'day Andy,

Just downloaded and installed this on my dive computer - Acer Eee PC, Windows 7 Pro, 32-bit, 1024 x 768 screen.

Opened the logbook okay. (Suggest you display dives with the most recent first.)

Selected my last dive. Clicked on Upload. Logged in to Facebook. Then I get the screen shown in the attachment and can't do anything more.
Diving Log Facebook Uploader Screenshot
Diving Log Facebook Uploader Screenshot
dlog_facebook_lrb.PNG (145.99 KiB) Viewed 28948 times
Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.
AndyDragon

Post by AndyDragon »

Ah, your screen resolution is too small (you can't see the comment editor). Also, you can click the header in the grid to resort, so to see the latest at the top, just click the Dive No. header.

I will look into trying to make the screen work for lower resolutions, but it detracts from the experience, so I don't know how much further it can go...
Andrew Forget
lloyd_borrett

Post by lloyd_borrett »

Thanks Andrew,

1024 x 768 is the standard resolution for most netbook computers, so supporting that screen size would be most useful. Maybe you could display the dive profile at a slightly smaller size. Plus maybe move the profile down a bit on the screen. There seems to be room under the profile.

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.