Suunto HelO2 Problems

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
lloyd_borrett

Suunto HelO2 Problems

Post by lloyd_borrett »

G'day,

Ever since I've obtained my Suunto HelO2, I've never been able to download the data from it directly into Diving Log. The Suunto Downloader always aborts with an abnormal program termination.
Suunto Dowloader Abort
Suunto Dowloader Abort
suunto_hel02_download.png (53.93 KiB) Viewed 9091 times
So I always have to import my information via Suunto Dive Manager 3.1.0.216. Thus not all of the information in the Suunto HelO2 makes its way into Diving Log. Is Diving log going to be upgraded to support the latest version of Suunto Dive Manager?

Of course, I'd prefer to just be able to import the information directly into Diving Log using the Suunto Downloader. I've used the vyper2.exe program to create the attached dump and log files in the hope this might help someone to resolve the problems.
HelO2.zip
HelO2 Dump and Log Files
(104.07 KiB) Downloaded 510 times
Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Suunto HelO2 Problems

Post by divinglog »

Hello Lloyd

Please try the "Universal Downloader" with your Suunto. You can also try to download the latest Suunto Downloader from James Connells website and put it into the Diving Log program folder.

Currently Diving Log supports the latest SDM 3.x version, but not yet version 4.x. I'll try to add support for that, but it has not a high priority at the moment, because SDM 4 is such a worse application that almost no one is using it and thus I had not a singe request for that yet. If there are more user requests, I'll set the priority a little higher.

Cheers,
Sven
lloyd_borrett

Post by lloyd_borrett »

Thanks Sven,

I'll try the "Universal Downloader" next time I need to download dives. Maybe you could do something in Diving Log to make it more obvious that this option suports multiple dive computers. I just look for and select the Suunto option.

I've also updated to Suunto Downloader 3.0.4.30 from the 3.0.2.27 version that was already there. Will also try that option next time. Any reason you don't install the latest version of this with Diving Log?

Well if the Universal or Suunto downloader options are working for your Suunto dive computer, then there would be no need to use Suunto Dive Manager. But in the past I've always had to first download my data using the Suunto program and then import it into Diving log. I've never looked at the Suunto Dive Manager 4 version because Diving Log doesn't support it, and using it to download was all I ever did with it.

I am starting to look at using the Suunto Dive Planner software to do my dive plans and then upload the details to my Suunto HelO2.

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.
lloyd_borrett

Post by lloyd_borrett »

G'day Sven,

I've been very naughty and haven't downloaded my dives for a while. I've just come back from a dive expedition to Bikini Atoll, so I now want to get everything up-to-date.

Can I now get the gas switch details from my Suunto HelO2 into Diving Log? If so, how?

As best as I can recall, getting dive data into Diving Log via Suunto Dive Manager 3 didn't support this. And I think using the Sunnto Downloader option didn't as well. Does bringing the data in via Suunto Dive Manager 4 support it?

Best regards, Lloyd Borrett.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Lloyd

Importing via SDM 3 or 4 should import all gas switches now. Direct downloading does not import gas switches at the moment, sorry.

Cheers,
Sven
lloyd_borrett

Post by lloyd_borrett »

G'day Sven,

Okay, so far I've just stuck with importing via SDM 3. (I took a look at SDM 4 and went yuk!)

But the gas switch info doesn't seem to be making it across when using SDM 3, which is a shame.

I can't get the direct download option to work at all with my Suunto HelO2. The process always generates errors.

Best regards, Lloyd Borrett.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Please send me the SDM 3 logbook file (D9.mdb). Make also sure you have the lastest Diving Log version 5.0.8 installed, before importing.