Universal downloader : "transfer interupted!"

3rd party extensions (phpDivingLog, dive computer downloader,...)
Regis

Universal downloader : "transfer interupted!"

Post by Regis »

Thank you very much for integrating the dive computer downloader in the version 5.0.2 just on time for Christmas ! I'm diving every day of the year and I really appreciate !

However I can't direct download from my Mares Nemo Excel. I connect the infrared interface and check the COM port. Then I stard Diving Log, start the downloader, select the correct COM port, then I click on next. When I click on the button "download" I get the message "transfer interupted!". I tried to start the download from the dive computer first. That makes the infrared interface work and nothing else happens. As soon as I click on the button download it says transfer interrupted. If I clic first on download it says transfer interrupted. Then I can start the download from the dive computer, the interface works but nothing else happens. Note that the transfer works fine using the Mares IRIS software.

Then I tried to download from my old Suunto Stinger. I have the same problem if I try to download via the universal downloader. Procedure I use : connecting the interface, checking COM port, starting Diving Log and the downloader, selecting the correct COM port, then click on next. The Stinger being in transfer mode I click on "download" and I get the message "transfer interupted!". Note that it works properly using the Suunto transfer function of Diving Log.

To summarize I have the same problem with two computers working differently. With the Mares you need to start the sync from the software first, then start the transfer mode on the diving computer. With The Stinger you need to put the diving computer in transfer mode first and then start the sync on the software.

Windows 7 64-bit
Diving Log 5.0.2, updated from 5.0.1 using the file Divinglog50Upd.exe
USB Mares Iris interface
Serial Suunto interface with USB adapter

Am I doing something wrong ? Can you help me ?

Thanks in advance.

Regis
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Universal downloader : "transfer interupted!"

Post by divinglog »

Hi Regis

There is currently one bug in Diving Log: When the download fails for some reason, it will fail also the next time until you restart Diving Log. So when you get the first time an error message, all other downloads will fail also (even if everything is correct) if you don't restart Diving Log. This will be fixed with the next update.

If I remember right, you must start the download for the Mares Nemo first in Diving Log (click the Download button), and then on the computer. The other way does not work. For the Suunto you must connect the computer first (and set to PC mode) and then click the Download button in Diving Log.

Kind regards,
Sven
TnT

Post by TnT »

Can you run the "nemo" test application and send me the logfile (and memory dump if there is one)? Then I can see what goes wrong.

You can download the test app here: http://www.divesoftware.org/libdc/builds/windows/
Instructions are available here: http://www.divesoftware.org/libdc/contr ... tml#memory

Basically you have to start a Command Prompt (cmd.exe), change to the directory where you downloaded the test app, and then start the test app with the correct COMx port as the only parameter: nemo.exe COMx
Regis

Post by Regis »

Thanks guys for your answers.

I finally managed to solve the problem by changing the device to a lower port number than the one automatically assigned. Maybe ports 15 or 16 are to high numbers for Diving Log to connect to ? I remember having had the exact same problem and the exact same solution about 10 years ago while connecting a cell phone with my PC. Anyway it works fine now with port number 9.

I compared the dive profiles in Diving Log using both methods IRIS Import and direct download. It seems to fit well. Some dives appear one minute longer with direct download but this is not an issue. The profile still is correct.

I'm a bit disapointed though to notice that only the dive pofile is imported from the Nemo Excel. Useful informations like Air/EANX, water temperature or others less useful ones like salt/fresh water, altitude or fast ascent are not. I don't know what to decide now : taking more time to import through IRIS in order to get the water temperature and gaz information or direct download and forget about those fields.

TnT : Is it planned in your project to include such datas ? If yes, would that help to get the logfile and memory dump ?
TnT

Post by TnT »

The reason why ports higher than 9 do not work is due a "feature" in Windows. For ports higher than 9 you need to use the special syntax \\.\COMx Don't ask me why, but that's how it works :-)

Regarding the decoding of the extra info, this is being worked on as we speak. Support for the divetime, maxdepth and gasmix is almost complete. Support for fields that are highly device specific is probably not going to happen because this is very difficult to achieve in generic way. But the goal is to add support for the more common ones, and those are usually also the most interesting ones.
TnT

Post by TnT »

TnT wrote:The reason why ports higher than 9 do not work is due a "feature" in Windows. For ports higher than 9 you need to use the special syntax \\.\COMx Don't ask me why, but that's how it works :-)
This is now fixed in the development version of the libdivecomputer library, by always adding the "\\.\" prefix internally. Once Sven releases an updated downloader, this fix will be included.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I've uploaded an update which contains the latest libdivecomputer and an improved Diving Log downloader. Download this zip file and extract it into the Diving Log 5.0 program folder: DivelogTest.zip

Changelog:

- Error logging checkbox
- No need anymore to restart Diving Log when an error occured
- latest libdivecomputer
Regis

Post by Regis »

Thank you very much guys, that woks fine now on any port with this new patch.

By the way I really like how the downloader automatically reconizes which dives have to be added to the logbook. Fantastic job !
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thank you, the praise goes to Jef (TnT) for his great work on this library!
leonardf

Post by leonardf »

Hi,
I have downloaded the file DivelogTest.zip and am still unable to download my logs from COMPORT 31 which is being picked up for my VT3.

The error I get now is:
DEVICE_STATUS_TIMEOUT

The error log shows:
[0.047] Timeout: value=3000
[0.047] Sleep: value=100
[0.140] Flush: queue=3, input=0, output=0
[0.140] Write: timer=0, size=3, data=A89900, remaining=0
[3.136] Read: timer=2996, size=0, data=, remaining=0
[3.136] oceanic_atom2.c:152: Failed to receive the answer.

libdivecomputer version: 4fd295b4acdfed77be0660a29b3a00cb8b8a7259

I am using version 5.0.2

Can anyone help?