Strange things happen when saving a dive

@rno

Strange things happen when saving a dive

Post by @rno »

Hi Sven,

I get this weird thing that when I have finished adding a dive and choosing ie the divesite (or place) from the list (which gets indicated by the chain icon) that after clicking on Save the chain-icon gets lost and a pencil icon displays in-stead.

Sometimes this happens on the divesite, sometimes on the diveplace.

I have experienced this behavior in different v5 versions, including 4.9.2 which is installed now.

Also the autosave today didn't seem to happen, after doing the following:

I filled in all fields for the dive (autosave ON) and then I clicked on New dive to add a second dive. At that time I saw in the left pane twice the same divenumber (both without any date or something behind it).
I then closed the logbook window and reopend it, to see that none of the 2 dives were saved (the second not being edited after clicking on new dive).

I am using it on Windows 7 x64 and I am an administrator user on the PC.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Strange things happen when saving a dive

Post by divinglog »

Hi Arno

Thank you for reporting this! I'll take a closer look on this issue in the next days, unfortunately I won't be able to fix it in the final version released today. So for now, you should use the normal save button when adding a new dive manually and use the auto save only for updating existing dives.

Best regards,
Sven
ianr

Post by ianr »

I've seen this myself (the cahin and pencil issue) but assumed it was something I was doing wrong. I only notcied it when I exported the MySQL to the php extension and didn't see the data on the web.
uw_photographer

Post by uw_photographer »

This happened to me too.

I am editing existing dives. Having used a template to alter batches of dives to change the country and city/island fields, I then click the chain logo to enter the dive site field. If I create a new site, save it, tag it to the dive and then close the dialog. Sometimes this results in the country and city/island fields are cleared; however it does not happen every time.

Don't know if this helps, but am enjoying v5 very much

Thanks
Charles
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Charles

This is the new auto fill behaviour. When you select a dive site, the country and city will be filled in automatically from your previous dives when country and city was not edited before. Maybe I should add an option to disable this.

Kind regards,
Sven
uw_photographer

Post by uw_photographer »

Aha! I have discovered why some unexpected things happen- if I have the dive site selected (eg have just chosen it from the dive site details dialog) and then use the cursor key to attempt to move up to the previous dive, it has the effect of choosing the next site up the list of dive sites!