mysql

Johnyboy

mysql

Post by Johnyboy »

Hello I have problems to import mysql on my website with version 5.0. With 4.0 i had no problems, but when i export with 5.0 and then improt in my website i got the following error message :

SQL-query:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `DL_Brevets`
MySQL retourneerde:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `DL_Brevets`' at line 1

Can you tell me what i am doing wrong ?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: mysql

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Please try the current version from the beta portal, I've removed now the backquotes from the table and column names. It's now optional in advanced settings and by default off.

Kind regards,
Sven
Johnyboy

Post by Johnyboy »

Hi Sven,

Tried the new version, but still the same error message :(

Jan
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Jan

But now the error message should look like this: ...near 'DROP TABLE IF EXISTS DL_Brevets' at line 1

Please verify that in the error message the backquotes (`) are not anymore arround the DL_Brevets, otherwise make sure that the "NamesInBackquotes" setting is set to False. Are you using the file compression? If so, try to disable the compression setting (Compression = None).

Sven
Johnyboy

Post by Johnyboy »

Hi Sven,
I think it's the same error message:

SQL-query:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS DL_Brevets
MySQL retourneerde:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DROP TABLE IF EXISTS DL_Brevets' at line 1

I\ve set the NamesInBackquotes to False, and didn't use compression

Jan
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Jan

I'm sorry, currently I don't know what the problem could be. Maybe it has something to do with the phpMyAdmin version or MySQL server version, I don't know. Can you email me your SQL file you are going to import, I'll try it here to see if it works.

It fails directly in the first line, so I think it has something to do with the file format or line break or something like this.

Sven
Johnyboy

Post by Johnyboy »

Hi Sven,

I'm not allowed to sent a sql file (the extension sql is not allowed)

so i renamed the sql files to txt

diving40 is a sql file made with 4.0 and that works correct
diving50 is a sql file made with 5.0 and is not working

Jan

Edit: I've removed the files for your privacy
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Jan

Thank you for the files! I've emailed you the 5.0 file back, converted to an ANSI encoded file. The 4.0 file is in ANSI encoding, the 5.0 file in UTF8, maybe this is the reason. Please try it with the file I've sent you. You should better delete the attached files from your post, because they contain your logbook data.

Edit: The ANSI file imported fine, so I switch back to ANSI format (or make it optional) with the next update.

Kind regards,
Sven
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Jan

I've uploaded an update to the beta portal which exports the files in ANSI encoding, so the import should work for you.

Kind regards,
Sven
Johnyboy

Post by Johnyboy »

Hi Sven,

Tnx for the quick update.
It works perfect now! :)

Jan