Can't Import .dlg Files

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
bcell

Can't Import .dlg Files

Post by bcell »

Hello,

I just recently downloaded Diving Log and am attempting to import .dlg files (from Sherwood Wisdom) into the program. Every time I attempt this, I get an error message saying "Error Number: 0"

Any ideas?

thanks
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Can't Import .dlg Files

Post by divinglog »

Hi

You can try to use the new beta importer from this blog entry (make sure you select the Oceanlog 2 import from the vertical menu on the left side). If even this fails, please email me the *.dlg file.

Kind regards,
Sven
bcell

Post by bcell »

divinglog wrote: You can try to use the new beta importer from this blog entry (make sure you select the Oceanlog 2 import from the vertical menu on the left side). If even this fails, please email me the *.dlg file.
Okay, I did this. Now I get a different error.

First a get a window titled "Connection Error." The window says "Not a valid password."
Click "OK"
New window titled "Import Oceanlog, Aeris, Sherwood" that says "Error Opening Import database"
Click "OK"
Back to initial import window, i.e. select file.

This is using both a database file I created in Sherwood and the "Sample Diver 2.1.0.dlg" that comes with the Sherwood program.

Any more ideas?

thanks
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

It seems Sherwood changed the database password, please send me dlg file so I can check this.
Thanky you!
bcell

Post by bcell »

divinglog wrote:It seems Sherwood changed the database password, please send me dlg file so I can check this.
Thanky you!

Thanks, I emailed the file to info@divinglog.de as I couldn't figure out how to send a dlg file here.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thank you for the file, I've updated the importer in the blog post and now it works again with Sherwood files.
bcell

Post by bcell »

arghh. Almost there.

Now the .dlg file is opened and divinglog sees the dives that are in it, but after selecting the dives I want to import and starting the import, I get a window that says "Error Opening Import Database."

thanks for all the help.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I'm sorry, in the last version I've sent you I've forgot to implement the new password also in the final import routine (I tested only the preview). The version which is now online works also in the last import step. I'm sorry for the confusion!
bcell

Post by bcell »

It looks like it's working great now. Thanks so much.
wmcyow

Post by wmcyow »

Hi there Sven,

I upgraded the software for my Wisdom today - and the upgrade has broken Divinglog imports. I tried to download the beta version that you have linked in the Blog entry - but it appears as though the file is no longer there. Can you update the link?

thanks!

Bill
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Bill

Sorry, I've deleted the file by mistake, it is now up again. Send me your Wisdom file if it is still not importing.

Sven
wmcyow

Post by wmcyow »

Thanks Sven!

Unfortunately its still not working. I will send the file to you.

cheers

Bill