Wrong total divetime

Discussions about the smartphone versions
Emmie

Wrong total divetime

Post by Emmie »

Sven,
in the pocket pc version, the total divetime is incorrect.
My total divetime in the pc version is: 353 hours and 11 minutes.
In the pocket pc version it is: 353,2 hours.
This is not really a big difference, but I saw it already with a greater difference.
Perhaps you can make it the same output: 353:11 in stead of 353,2.

Thanks in advance.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Emmie, yes I want to change the display in the PPC version also to hours:minutes, so that the values are the same. The 353,2 is not wrong, it is only the decimal value of all dive times devided by the dive count. But I'll change this.
Tevita

Re: Wrong total divetime

Post by Tevita »

Hi,

I get a similar problem on the Iphone but I am sure it is an error.

I have 51 dives, each on average 48.3 min. That sounds about right. My total dive time however displays as 1:17:03. Surely this is an error?

Any ideas? All my dives are entered correctly in terms of their length.

Cheers,
Dave
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Dave

On the iPhone the total dive time is displayed in days:hours:minutes. I had this for a short time also on the desktop, but after feedback from users I changed it back to only hours:minutes.

Cheers,
Sven
Tevita

Post by Tevita »

Hi Sven,

Yes, I just figures this out when I sat down to look at it over lunch.

Hours and minutes is perhaps a little more useful than days and hours.

Cheers,
Dave
gregm

Post by gregm »

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your feedback on Dive Log on iPhone's display of total dive time.

It seems that there are two schools of thought on this subject. Those with very large number of dives tend to prefer that the total dive time be displayed in Days, Hours, Minutes where other prefer that it just be displayed in Hours and Minutes.

My personal total dive time exceeds 2600 hours, so I find that knowing I have over 108 days underwater a little more illustrative. I have one friend with over 13,000 hours (or 541 days) underwater ... but he is certainly the exception.

Given that there are very good reasons to support both I'll be adding a setting to Dive Log on iPhone in an upcoming version that will give you the choice of displaying your total dive time in either format. The option will be available under the Settings tab.

Sorry for the confusion caused by this!

Cheers,

Greg
gregm

Post by gregm »

Just a quick update. Dive Log 1.1.4 for iPhone was recently approved by Apple and made available for download via iTunes or the App Store on your iPhone/iPod touch. This release contains a new setting that allows you to view Total Dive Time in either the original Days:Hours:Minutes format or as just Hours:Minutes. You can change the default in the Settings tab or by tapping the Total Dive Time row in the Statistics tab.

The 1.1.4 update also includes an important bug fix. While the bug was rarely seen, it could cause Dive Log to crash under certain circumstances.

Cheers,

Greg