Error No. 32768 Creating new logs

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
CompuDude

Error No. 32768 Creating new logs

Post by CompuDude »

Hi, I just installed DL4.0.12 (upgrading from 4.0.9).

It lost my registration info, but no big deal.

Trying to create a new log file, it hangs. When I exit the program (ctrl-F4) it gives me the error: "Error Number 32768, Position: Load Dialog"

I hope this can be fixed... any thoughts?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Have you installed the full setup? (I think so, but I just want to make sure)
Does the "Save File" dialog show up or occur the error before? And does the "Open Logbook" function works? And finally which Windows version do you have?

Best regards,
Sven
CompuDude

Post by CompuDude »

I was able to fix the issue, sorry. My bad... turns out it was not hanging, rather, it was showing the dialog on the secondary display for some reason, which I do not normally have powered up unless I am using it.

So apparently there is an issue with regard to multiple display systems, but it's not a fatal flaw.

Yes, I did install from the full setup, still not sure why it lost my registration info, but re-registering with the original serial and such worked fine.

I am running Windows XP SP2.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I have no direct influence on the position of the common file dialog (File Open, File Save). I think this is managed by Windows and it remembers the last position. Maybe the last time it was on the 2nd monitor, but I agree, this should not happen.

Sven
CompuDude

Post by CompuDude »

No worries, now that I know the issue I can keep an eye out for it in the future. Easy enough to work around... IF it even happens again.

LOVING the new integration with the iPhone. The only hassle for me is that my iPhone is synced to my Mac, and Diving Log is, of course, on my PC, so I can't take advantage of the address book integration for buddies. So I continue to dream of a native Mac version of Diving Log... ;-)