Buddy Bug

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
wvd_vegt

Buddy Bug

Post by wvd_vegt »

Hi

Another cosmetic bug: When i was entering old data from a previous logbook I tried to enter a diver with only a firstname '** Unknown **'.

This results in it being shown correctly but the buddy list dialog keeps showing an '<unnamed>' entry at top and the '** Unknown **' diver is not present and therefore never checked (the first one after the '<unnamed>' one is checked incorrectly.
Wim van der Vegt
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Wim

I tried to reproduce this, but was not able to do so. I created a new buddy by clicking "Add new". Entering only ** Unknown ** in the first name field and press save. The buddy list updates and shows ** Unknown ** in the list and it can be selected and used in the logbook.

Sven
mruseless

Post by mruseless »

I can't seem to get a buddy from the Buddy Details window to appear in the Buddy field. I've tried double clicking, selecting and clicking OK, and Done, but nothing works. Am I doing something wrong?

Note: the same problem exists with Location, Country, and City.
There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.
mruseless

Post by mruseless »

Never mind, I just noticed the checkboxes. Duh.
There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.