Time Format

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
vs72

Time Format

Post by vs72 »

Hi,

First of all, thanks for a great program.

The following relates to diving log 4.0.8 shareware under XP Sp2.

I have the following problem: Under entry time, I always get the long format hh:mm:ss. The same is happening to any print layout I try to use.

I have tried to change the local settings of my computer to the short format, but did not alter anything.
I have also tried to change the format of the entry time column through MS Acess to the short format, which I did, but again Diving Log is showing the long format.
Finally, I have tried to change the format of the print layout field from the designer (data, contents, format) to either system setting, or system setting without seconds or any other custom field and I always get 00:00.

Any ideas how to change it to the short format (without seconds)? Especially in the print forms.
No Waiting

Post by No Waiting »

I too have this issue - it seems to have been "introduced" when I upgraded to V4.0.8

Dive logs printed before this version showed time as HH:MM but now they always print as HH:MM:SS.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

OK, I've fixed that problem with the entry time, now it displays with the short time setting of the control panel (also in the print function). Thank you!
No Waiting

Post by No Waiting »

divinglog wrote:Thank you!
No, no you do not need to thank us - we need to THANK YOU! As always a very speedy and positive responce - Thank you... :D

PS: When will the "fix" be downloadable?
WARLOCK

Post by WARLOCK »

I have loads for shareware app installed on my PC's, I do alot of testing for people, I have never come across such an active developer, usally it takes day's for a response never mind a fix,

KUDO's to you my man :mrgreen:
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

What should I say... :oops: 8) :D

The next update where this fix is included will be available this year, so within the next 4 weeks.
Mjorud

Post by Mjorud »

divinglog wrote:The next update where this fix is included will be available this year, so within the next 4 weeks.
Ohh.. Early christmas present... :) Looking forward to it.
Jon Kristian Mjørud
reefhound

Post by reefhound »

divinglog wrote:The next update where this fix is included will be available this year, so within the next 4 weeks.
Am I the only one on pins and needles, checking the forum each day hoping to find something under the virtual tree?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Working with full power to get it finish. :angelic: And of course I'll write a newsletter when it's online. :wink:
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Update is online :)
Newsletter with some more information will follow.
No Waiting

Post by No Waiting »

Downloaded, installed, all appears fine now!

Many thanks & have a great Christmas...
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Great :) I wish you also Merry Christmas!
reefhound

Post by reefhound »

I couldn't see anything different in the new release concerning search paths, i.e. for photos. I thought you said you were planning on working that in. Did you not get to it or am I missing it?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

No, this is not included yet (I hope that I didn't promised that it is in this update). It is on the feature request list, but the list is long and I have to do the things by priority (how often they are requested). And the picture path option is not so often requested.

In this update I focused on the new profile display and the needed changes to the main import functions. And I'm currently upgrading all download functions to .NET because I have the dive computers here for a limited time for testing. And the main priority is to upgrade the whole project to .NET, what is in the long term the most important task. I'm sorry, some features may take a while to include.
reefhound

Post by reefhound »

I could have swore you said it would be done but all I can find are statements about certain features you intend for the next *major* release, which I guess would version 5.

I'm kinda surprised that it sounds pretty far down the priority list. I've seen at least three threads where people want path handling improvements because of problems in working on multiple computers. Just curious, what features are more in demand?