phpDivingLog

3rd party extensions (phpDivingLog, dive computer downloader,...)
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I wanted to try RTF conversion, however the mysql dump doesn't work when the convert to RTF is checked in divinglog
When you check this option, the comments are converted from RTF text into plain text. So if you want RTF formated comments you must leave this checkbox unchecked. Or do you mean that the MySQL database doesn't accept the dump file if the comments are RTF formatted? In this case, please send me the dump file and I'll check where the problem could be.
Inferno

Post by Inferno »

Nameless wrote: I would like to contribute to this project.
I already did change some things for my own site, but it would be easier, if changes were made at a central repository.
This is perfect :) Just send me an e-mail with your preffered password
I already configured my SVN client to get the files from your server, but at the moment it seems that one needs a password to update those files.
Ofcourse this is password protected :)
Inferno

Post by Inferno »

divinglog wrote:
I wanted to try RTF conversion, however the mysql dump doesn't work when the convert to RTF is checked in divinglog
Or do you mean that the MySQL database doesn't accept the dump file if the comments are RTF formatted? In this case, please send me the dump file and I'll check where the problem could be.
Jeps mysql didn't accept the dump directly from divinglog. So I'm gonna try the file import so I can see what the error is.
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

Inferno wrote:
Nameless wrote: I would like to contribute to this project.
I already did change some things for my own site, but it would be easier, if changes were made at a central repository.
This is perfect :) Just send me an e-mail with your preffered password
I just did that. Thank you. :)
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

lloyd_borrett wrote: PLEASE NOTE: Only the English language file is currently up-to-date for v.9. As the other contributors pass on v.9 language files, I will update the download file.
The german language file has been updated and uploaded to the repository. :)
mhedstrom

Post by mhedstrom »

Hi guys,

I really like phpdivinglog. I haven't installed the newest update yet, but one thing I did add to the version I'm using is multiple user support so I can show either my husband's dives or my dives. All I did was add an extra field in the logbook table labeled "user id", which is based on the user ids in the Personal table. When I export the SQL from a logbook in Diving Log, I just add on the userid of the person whose dive it is. I then changed the php a little bit to ask on the front page which person's dives you want to see.
Inferno

Post by Inferno »

mhedstrom wrote:Hi guys,

I really like phpdivinglog. I haven't installed the newest update yet, but one thing I did add to the version I'm using is multiple user support so I can show either my husband's dives or my dives. All I did was add an extra field in the logbook table labeled "user id", which is based on the user ids in the Personal table. When I export the SQL from a logbook in Diving Log, I just add on the userid of the person whose dive it is. I then changed the php a little bit to ask on the front page which person's dives you want to see.
Would be a nice addition. Maybe it is possible to export a general custom field. Where you could enter a user_id
Inferno

Overview display

Post by Inferno »

I'm working on the backend of phpdivinglog and I really want to change something on the table view.

So searched for better ways to display the data. Right know I have this version:
http://rob.lensen.nu/divelog_dev/

Just to give you an idea, what do you think?
lloyd_borrett

Post by lloyd_borrett »

G'day,

The phpDivingLog that this all started from came with some 3rd party code in it for supposedly converting RTF data that had made it into the MySQL database back to HTML on output. But it just didn't work. I tired all sorts of things but no go. It seems that all of the code around to convert RTF to HTML is pay per licence, which doesn't suit phpDivingLog.

So I settled for having my comments in plain text in PC Diving Log, in Pocket PC Diving Log, and in phpDivingLog.

I guess it would be nice if we could have better control over the formatting of comments. Especially being able to put HTML links into them. But I'd only use it if it worked across all three of the "platforms".

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I'm working on the backend of phpdivinglog and I really want to change something on the table view.
Only an idea, but what about using Ajax? I didn't worked with that so I can't say how difficult it is to implement, but I've seen some great online apps using this technique.
Inferno

Post by Inferno »

divinglog wrote:
Only an idea, but what about using Ajax? I didn't worked with that so I can't say how difficult it is to implement, but I've seen some great online apps using this technique.
The table view on http://rob.lensen.nu/divelog_dev/ uses ajax (btw just look with firefox. I need to fix things for IE)
(see http://www.gurusistemas.com/indexdatagrid.php for details on how ajax is used in the table view)

If people like this way is display I will continue with this implementation. There are plenty of frameworks available for doing this job, however this is one of the best imo.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Ah, OK. I just looked at the screenshots and this datagrid seems to be very powerful.
vasco_nl

Dutch translation for phpDiveLog

Post by vasco_nl »

I've just finished the dutch translation for phpDiveLog.

You can download it here.
Inferno

Re: Dutch translation for phpDiveLog

Post by Inferno »

vasco_nl wrote:I've just finished the dutch translation for phpDiveLog.

You can download it here.
I will merge it into the subversion (bedankt Vasco)

Current devopment looks like this:
Nameless

Re: Dutch translation for phpDiveLog

Post by Nameless »

Inferno wrote: Current devopment looks like this:
Well, you asked for opinions earlier and quite frankly, I don't like the new datagrid. :oops:

Not only will it be harder to maintain a single theme throughout the complete site, but it makes one page look bulky and all other pages delicate.

I really liked the original simple layout and adding another framework (you did add Smarty before) makes things difficult for those who would like to contribute to the project (like me) but don't have the time to learn how to use that framework (like me). :wink:

I would prefer leaving the layout as simple as possible. That would leave room for the simple and fast development of different themes and it would free time for 'real' improvements like e.g. multiuser support, which I find more important than the look of a single table... :lol:

Best regards.