Suunto Downloader

3rd party extensions (phpDivingLog, dive computer downloader,...)
James Connell

Suunto Downloader

Post by James Connell »

Hi All,

I would like to start with an apology for the wait for a new version of the downloader.
An explanation is in order. Shortly after decoding the memory structure of the D9, but before any work could be completed, my computer system suffered a massive failure. Two drives, the system drive and the drive containing the code files for ALL the suunto tools, were damaged. The most up to date code was 95% destroyed and most of the backups damaged and fragmented. I have been trying to piece the fragments back together, but it contains a lot of guess work.

I do this as a hobby, and I have limited time to spend, but you may like to know that I think I have things almost fixed and that work on the newest version will begin in earnest shortly.

Thank you .
JConn Inv.
Software Tools for Suunto Dive Computers
http://LiquidImagePhoto.com
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi James

That are sad news and I can feel with you (I had exactly the same 2 years ago and lost a lot of data). It's really annoying doing the same programming twice :cry: Keep up the good work and no need to hurry :)

Sven
James Connell

Post by James Connell »

I have a rebuilt version of the downloader at my website.

It should be a drop in replacement for the existing one in DiveLog.

you should rename your old "SuuntoXML.exe" file in the "Diving Log 4.0" folder and then add the new one and rename it to "SuuntoXML.exe".

I'd really appreciate a little testing if y'all would.
JConn Inv.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi James

After the release a user in the German forum get an error 19 with the new downloader. With the previous used version 2.0.0.12 everything worked with his Vyper. Do you have any idea what this could be?

For everyone else, who has a similar problem: You can download here version 2.0.0.12 of the downloader, which was included with Diving Log 4.0.7. Extract the zip file after downloading into the Diving Log program folder and replace the existing files. Suunto Downloder 2.0.0.12
James Connell

Post by James Connell »

Sven,

I'll Look into it. One thing that would help, I need to know the type of interface used. I have a limited sample and what was destroyed in the crash was the latest version of the communication routines. I had to rebuild using old ones that were obsolete/incomplete. The routines work with the suunto interface and my samples of dive computers but may need adjusting for others.
JConn Inv.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I wrote in the German thread that he should write you the necessary informations. Thank you James!
James Connell

Post by James Connell »

Ok, problem is fixed! You can get the update at my site- see signature.

Sven, the next release of DiveLog should recognize error #9999 as a "User Canceled" flag. #9999 is Now (it was #19) the code returned when either the 'cancel' button is clicked or the form is close by the OpSys.

I've been considering having the downloader accept an IPC message to 'Cancel' and removing the cancel button altogether. That way the underlying window, which already has a cancel button, takes care of the function.
Maybe a commandline switch to decide which way the program uses is best?
JConn Inv.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Great James, thank you! I included the new downloader in the English and German full setup and updated them on the download website. And the feedback I got already is that it works for everyone who had this error.

I think the cancel button in the download window is better, because the window has the focus during the download. You can test it, when you try to hit the cancel button from the Diving Log dialog while the download window is open it will not work very good.
Inferno

Post by Inferno »

Some problems:

Divinglog 4.0.7 suunto download is working
4.0.8 with 2.01.19 I get error 19
4.0.8 with the new downloaded 2.01.20 gives error 16 however running suuntoxmldownloader separatly works ok

I have suunto mosquito
James Connell

Post by James Connell »

You will get error #19 with 2.1.19 that version is faulty.
error #16 is a "read timeout" error. Not entirely sure why that's coming up, I'll look into it.

Thanks.

PLEASE specify which Interface - brand as well as USB/rs232 when reporting errors. I have a very limited number of interfaces/ computers to test on.
JConn Inv.
Inferno

Post by Inferno »

James Connell wrote:PLEASE specify which Interface - brand as well as USB/rs232 when reporting errors. I have a very limited number of interfaces/ computers to test on.
The interface I have:

http://www.smartinterface.de/artikel.php?id=4&kat=1
James Connell

Post by James Connell »

New version on the website, some fixes ( I hope the one reported above !)
the downloader should work with the old custumidea USB cables now.

I'll explain the problem - the computers seems to need a 'rest' between downloading the profiles of individual dives. The problem is - the amount of rest needed varies between computers ( both individualy and between models ). It becomes a guessing game of how short a time will work, without making the download boringly long.
JConn Inv.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi James

In the Suunto Dive Manager the user can setup the rest in milliseconds between the downloads (if I remember right). Maybe it is not a bad idea that the user can (optionally) change the default time in Diving Log and I'll forward it to the downloader if it was changed.

Sven
James Connell

Post by James Connell »

divinglog wrote:Hi James

In the Suunto Dive Manager the user can setup the rest in milliseconds between the downloads (if I remember right). Maybe it is not a bad idea that the user can (optionally) change the default time in Diving Log and I'll forward it to the downloader if it was changed.

Sven
I had that setup originally, But have abandoned the idea. I may have just set things a little too quick during the rebuild. I don't think there has been any reports of error #16s in version 2.0.0.12, has there? The command line option -delay= was for just that option, it now longer is used. I'll think on it and see if I can find a better way, self test maybe, but that would add time to the download.
JConn Inv.
mysiar

Post by mysiar »

James
I have original interface coming with D9.
It doesn't work for me.
I tried version 2.0.1.20 and got error msg 15
The same error message with 2.0.1.22
piotr