Marine Life for dive "forgets" existing selection if use search function

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
Robbunal

Marine Life for dive "forgets" existing selection if use search function

Post by Robbunal »

Hi Sven,
I love your software! Easy to use, with pretty much every feature I need - you've done a great job.
I have become addicted to the Marine Life part of Diving Log and now add every creature I see to each dive... which is when I spotted a small glitch. From within a dive, navigate to the Marine Life tab, then click the check box to allow selection of individual creatures. Select a few, then use the search function to find some others... the ones already selected get wiped out. This also occurs if you add a couple of creatures to the dive, save the dive, go to select some more and use the search function... any already selected also get wiped out and are removed from the dive when you click OK on the marine life selection screen.

I've found a way round it... don't use the search function! Using keystrokes to position the list doesn't have the same effect, so I can happily add creatures to my dives.

Just thought you would like to know as I suspect it is pretty quick to fix :-)

Thanks in advance.
Rob
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Marine Life for dive "forgets" existing selection if use search function

Post by divinglog »

Hi Rob

Thank you very much, I'm glad you like Diving Log! Thank you for reporting this issue, I can reproduce that. I'll try to fix that in the next update.

Kind regards,
Sven
Roman

Post by Roman »

Hi Sven,
Any progress on fixing the issue with sightings list being cleared after the search function has been used ?
Thanks,
Roman
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Roman

No sorry, I tried, but it's technically more difficult than it seems. Maybe I get an idea how to solve it in the future.

Kind regards,
Sven
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Okay, it took a while, but this problem is now solved. If you want, you can download this zip file and copy the content into the Diving Log 6.0 program folder. The checkboxes will now be remembered during search and other activities.