Feature Request for Trips

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
reefhound

Feature Request for Trips

Post by reefhound »

The new feature to prompt to include dives within the dates of a new trip created is nice but not crucial. There are many other fields common to a trip - weight, exposure suit, equipment used, etc. - so I typically fill out the first dive then save/apply a template with the common fields. More useful features without an easy workaround would be these.

1. Copy trip. Or Save As trip. Often my buddy and I take the same trip many times that really only differs in dates. It would avoid repetition in filling out destination, dive center, comments, buddies, etc.

2. Fix Date picker. It's Sept 2022. I just created a trip and clicked Start date and the default date was July 2021. I just updated Diving Log and my system date is correct. Then after I click click click click... to get to Sept 2022, I clicked End Date and the default date was July 2021. The default should be the Start date if not previously set.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request for Trips

Post by divinglog »

reefhound wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 15:52 1. Copy trip. Or Save As trip. Often my buddy and I take the same trip many times that really only differs in dates. It would avoid repetition in filling out destination, dive center, comments, buddies, etc.
It would make sense to have some kind of general copy and paste function to transfer a complete datarow between logbooks. For now you can use the "Diving Log" import function to transfer data between logbooks. But I agree, a copy and paste function for data rows would be nice.
reefhound wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 15:52 2. Fix Date picker. It's Sept 2022. I just created a trip and clicked Start date and the default date was July 2021. I just updated Diving Log and my system date is correct. Then after I click click click click... to get to Sept 2022, I clicked End Date and the default date was July 2021. The default should be the Start date if not previously set.
Yes, I've noticed this myself. If I remember correctly I've tried to fix that, but I'm not sure why it wasn't possible for some reason. I can take another look at this issue.
reefhound

Post by reefhound »

Thanks for the response. If datepicker is too problematic for some reason i.e. incompatible framework, then a simple textbox entry would still be much easier than all the clicking.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

You don't have to use the picker, you can manually enter the date like in a text box.