Apply profile to dive

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
davidtaylor

Apply profile to dive

Post by davidtaylor »

I made 20 dives and logged them on my phone app during a trip then uploaded and downloaded the dives to my desktop logbook.

Then I used Downloader to get the profiles from my dive computer. Normally I tell Downloader to combine profiles with the pre-written log details by starting at dive X. But knowing that many dives had a brief surface interval, I told Downloader to create new dives at the end of the log, and then I used Merge to combine both parts of the same dive profiles.

That leaves me with 20 dives with logged text details, followed by 20 downloaded profiles. Merge does not work in this situation. Can someone help me understand how to apply the profiles to the dives, or alternatively merge the dives to the profiles?

Thanks in advance.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Apply profile to dive

Post by divinglog »

Hi

I think in this case the easiest way is to copy and paste the profile data into the dives from the phone:

Image1.png
Image1.png (16 KiB) Viewed 2373 times

Kind regards,
Sven
davidtaylor

Post by davidtaylor »

Thanks Sven

That works but omits to paste dive time, max depth, water temp etc from the computer
is there way to bring those over too?

(I should have said 'Apply downloaded information to dive')

regards
David
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Automatically only with the "Update existing dives" function from the downloader, but this is not possible in your case because of the surface interval splits if I understand correctly. You could use the table editor to copy and paste any data from the downloaded dives to the phone dives, including profile data itself. If you do this, do not forget to copy the "ProfileInt" column, which contains the profile interval.