Import and merge dive with .fit files

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
rtvisser

Import and merge dive with .fit files

Post by rtvisser »

Hi,

I searched the forum and noticed that there has been one older topic related to this but not fully to my needs.
I've got a Garmin Vivosport that tracks my heart rate (its water restistant till 50 meters, so capable for diving). It can export files as .fit (i cannot add it as an .fit attachment as its not the right format, so added as .zip - you need to extract it first). I would like to know if I can merge this with the dive imported via my Shearwater Perdix AI? I tried importing the .fit file via the garmin importer, but failed to do so - 0:1 dives imported it said.

I think it would be best (for me) - if it can be merged as profile 3.

Any ideas? :)

Thanks a lot!
Ruurt
Attachments
4603538039.zip
extract first!
(7.95 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Import and merge dive with .fit files

Post by divinglog »

Hi Ruurt

Thank you for the file! I've updated the Garmin import and it will now import also this fit file format. You can download the update zip file and copy the content into the Diving Log 6.0 program folder.

During import you can choose "Update existing dives" in the last step to update the Shearwater dives with the profile data from the fit file. However there is one thing that will likely not going to work in your case:

The "Update existing dives" function will not overwrite existing fields that are already filled with data (there are a few exceptions). Because you have a Perdix AI which is air integrated, you already have a "Profile 3" which contains the tank data. Because of that, the heart rate will not be able to overwrite the Profile 3 field. Also the recording interval should be identical on both devices.

So, while the import works, it is still difficult in your case. You could try to import the heart rate as new dive, then copy and paste the data via profile editor into the shearwater dive. However this is proabably a bit cumbersome

Kind regards,
Sven
rtvisser

Post by rtvisser »

Hi Sven,

I have to say, it did work FLAWLESSLY ! 8)
My Perdix doesn't load any data in the profile 3 by default (This entire profile is empty) so I was able to merge them right away. The only thing I noticed was that my interval changed (e.g. my Perdix is set to 10 seconds, but the Garmin is set to 1 sec which is its default). So the dive is now also updated to 1 sec intervals. This you can change of course in the 'Interval Menu' but then its updated for all profiles, not only one.

Is there a 'trick' to update / enhance the downloader to match the present interval? (e.g. when my Perdix is set to 10 seconds, to only load the data with 10 seconds interval instead of all data, per second)

Not sure if i'm stretching the limits here :P but it would be very cool of course and also keeps the logbook size a bit ... controlable :p

Thanks a million!
Ruurt
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Ruurt

Thank you, great to hear that it works for you! Unfortunately there is currently no way to adjust the profile data for other intervals. Maybe there is a setting in the Garmin or Shearwater to adjust the recording interval?

Kind regards,
Sven