Minor request/questions (CCR doubles, CCR O2 usage, error uploading DAN)

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
Buceador

Minor request/questions (CCR doubles, CCR O2 usage, error uploading DAN)

Post by Buceador »

Hi Sven,

Some minor questions
  • On by CCR I use a twin 7 for diluent. OC I can click for changing it into a twin set. For CCR this is not possible. Not a huge problem, I just entered a 14l bottle
  • I read somewhere in this forum you were going to include the oxygen and diluent usage for CCR as liters/minute. It is a usefull parameter to monitor your gas usage and plan additional dives. Are you stil planning to incorporate it?
  • Uploading my dives to DAN gives the following error: "Connection broken, cannot make secure SSL connection". Anything I have to configure somewhere?
Thanks for your wonderfull program!
Buceador

Re: Minor request/questions (CCR doubles, CCR O2 usage, error uploading DAN)

Post by Buceador »

Sorry, wrong thread. Should be posted in "general'. Can it be moved?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

No problem, I moved it.
Buceador wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 14:23 On by CCR I use a twin 7 for diluent. OC I can click for changing it into a twin set. For CCR this is not possible. Not a huge problem, I just entered a 14l bottle
I'm not a CCR diver, is this very common? I didn't expected twin sets for diluent.
Buceador wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 14:23 I read somewhere in this forum you were going to include the oxygen and diluent usage for CCR as liters/minute. It is a usefull parameter to monitor your gas usage and plan additional dives. Are you stil planning to incorporate it?
You mean instead of SAC rate? Yes, I think I can include this.
Buceador wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 14:23 Uploading my dives to DAN gives the following error: "Connection broken, cannot make secure SSL connection". Anything I have to configure somewhere?
Yes, the DAN site API seems to be broken. Nothing I can do from my side. If you want, you can try to contact them and ask if they are aware of this problem and if this is going to be fixed.

Kind regards,
Sven
Buceador

Post by Buceador »

I'm not a CCR diver, is this very common? I didn't expected twin sets for diluent.
We dive twin sets as it gives you more bail out and also makes the system more similar to a traditional twin configuration in case of bail out. With islolator between the two bottles, etc.
Great!!
Yes, the DAN site API seems to be broken. Nothing I can do from my side. If you want, you can try to contact them and ask if they are aware of this problem and if this is going to be fixed.
I just did.

Thanks Sven, looking even at these minor requests is awesome.
Buceador

Post by Buceador »

DAN update
Thanks for getting in touch and for your offer to contribute to diving data collection. We are currently working on a new, better user interface for the Diver Safety Guardian. However, it is still possible to donate your data. Please let us know an email address we can use, and one out our researchers will get in touch.
Hope this helps!
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thank you, let me know when it works again or if I have to change anything on my side.
Buceador

Post by Buceador »

Hi Sven,

Are you still planning to incorporate the following changes?

About the SAC rate for CCR, only the Oxygen consumption is usefull. This is just the amout of oxygen per minute. ((begin bar - end bar) * cylinder size in liters / minutes divetime)). This is called LCR (Liter Consumtion Rate) instead of SAC

In the meantime I wasn't succesfull contacting DAN about the upload. Just general responses and no further information.

Thanks!
divinglog wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 18:52
Buceador wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 14:23 On by CCR I use a twin 7 for diluent. OC I can click for changing it into a twin set. For CCR this is not possible. Not a huge problem, I just entered a 14l bottle
Buceador wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 14:23 I read somewhere in this forum you were going to include the oxygen and diluent usage for CCR as liters/minute. It is a usefull parameter to monitor your gas usage and plan additional dives. Are you stil planning to incorporate it?
Buceador wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 14:23 Uploading my dives to DAN gives the following error: "Connection broken, cannot make secure SSL connection". Anything I have to configure somewhere?

Kind regards,
Sven
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

For the twin tanks & CCR, this is actually just a UI problem in the desktop application. In the Android app this is already possible and the twin setting would also sync back to the desktop app. The only problem on the desktop is the little symbol in front of the tank size dropdown. There is no good way to indicate a twin icon and combine that with the CCR icon which I'm using. So this would require a new way to set these things up on the desktop.

Regarding SAC: yes this should be no problem to incoperate, but I was very busy with the Android dive computer download in the last few month, so I had not much time to work on the desktop version :cry:

Kind regards,
Sven