Three Questions

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
Al Carrero

Three Questions

Post by Al Carrero »

Hi Sven, great software!

Have 3 questions for now;

1) I have registered the Diving Log 6.0 on my laptop and the Diving Log 3.1 on my Android, can I install the Diving Log 6.0 on another PC, so my wife can use it or do I need to purchase another registration? When I try my name and code on the 2nd PC it does not register.

2) I am setting the PC version up for 2 different log books, I created one Al Logbook and a second Diane Logbook the Al's Logbook works well connecting to my Scubapro G2 via USB Cable. But I cannot find it anywhere on my Android app. Is there an area I could go to for some guidance?

3) For the second log book (Diane's Logbook) when I try to sync with my wife's Scubapro Galileo Luna via USB/IR I cannot connect, whenI select Scubapro as my manufacturer, there is no Luna or Galileo options in the drop down. Is there a link to a driver I may need?

Thanks Sven,

Al C
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Three Questions

Post by divinglog »

Hi Al

Thank you, I'm glad you like Diving Log!
Al Carrero wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 17:46 1) I have registered the Diving Log 6.0 on my laptop and the Diving Log 3.1 on my Android, can I install the Diving Log 6.0 on another PC, so my wife can use it or do I need to purchase another registration? When I try my name and code on the 2nd PC it does not register.
Yes, you can install it on all of your PC's with the same unlock code. Make sure you enter it exactly as on the other PC, then it will work.
Al Carrero wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 17:46 2) I am setting the PC version up for 2 different log books, I created one Al Logbook and a second Diane Logbook the Al's Logbook works well connecting to my Scubapro G2 via USB Cable. But I cannot find it anywhere on my Android app. Is there an area I could go to for some guidance?
Do you mean you want to download your G2 directly with the Android app? This is unfortunately not yet possible in the Android app.
Al Carrero wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 17:46 3) For the second log book (Diane's Logbook) when I try to sync with my wife's Scubapro Galileo Luna via USB/IR I cannot connect, whenI select Scubapro as my manufacturer, there is no Luna or Galileo options in the drop down. Is there a link to a driver I may need?
Those computers are listed under the "Uwatec" brand in the manufacturer list, not Scubapro.

Kind regards,
Sven
Al Carrero

Post by Al Carrero »

Al Carrero wrote: ↑Thu May 30, 2019 13:46
1) I have registered the Diving Log 6.0 on my laptop and the Diving Log 3.1 on my Android, can I install the Diving Log 6.0 on another PC, so my wife can use it or do I need to purchase another registration? When I try my name and code on the 2nd PC it does not register.

Yes, you can install it on all of your PC's with the same unlock code. Make sure you enter it exactly as on the other PC, then it will work.

I am sure I am entering it exactly as I did before, actually if I do not I will not get the check mark. But when I press the okay, or register the screen goes away, by if I look at the help, it is still asking to be registered, If I open it again it still has the info and wants me to register it.

2) I am setting the PC version up for 2 different log books, I created one Al Logbook and a second Diane Logbook the Al's Logbook works well connecting to my Scubapro G2 via USB Cable. But I cannot find it anywhere on my Android app. Is there an area I could go to for some guidance?

Do you mean you want to download your G2 directly with the Android app? This is unfortunately not yet possible in the Android app.

Nope, I am trying to sync my Android using a registered Diving Log 3.1 for android with my exported dive log from diving log 6.0. I have exported the logbook to my dropbox diving log folder, and it to download. I alswo went into manage log book, and linked the exported logbook from diving log 6.0 and it has a check next to it so I am pretty sure it is linked/synced. However my dives, equipment, user profile or any other data seems to be coming over to the phone, the dive tab says no dives, and the logbook tab is all zeros with no data. Im sure I am doing something wrong just do not know what it would be.

3) For the second log book (Diane's Logbook) when I try to sync with my wife's Scubapro Galileo Luna via USB/IR I cannot connect, when I select Scubapro as my manufacturer, there is no Luna or Galileo options in the drop down. Is there a link to a driver I may need?

Those computers are listed under the "Uwatec" brand in the manufacturer list, not Scubapro.

Thank you, found it and was able to sync on the laptop/PC!

Thanks Sven, sorry about all the questions,

Al C
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Al
Al Carrero wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 14:51 I am sure I am entering it exactly as I did before, actually if I do not I will not get the check mark. But when I press the okay, or register the screen goes away, by if I look at the help, it is still asking to be registered, If I open it again it still has the info and wants me to register it.
In this case it is very likely that a security software is blocking Diving Log from writing the registry. If you see the green checkmark, you have entered it correctly, but Diving Log cannot store it in the registry. Please add Diving Log to the list of allowed applications to avoid any problems. Diving Log does store other settings in the registry, which also won't work.
Al Carrero wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 14:51 Nope, I am trying to sync my Android using a registered Diving Log 3.1 for android with my exported dive log from diving log 6.0. I have exported the logbook to my dropbox diving log folder, and it to download. I alswo went into manage log book, and linked the exported logbook from diving log 6.0 and it has a check next to it so I am pretty sure it is linked/synced. However my dives, equipment, user profile or any other data seems to be coming over to the phone, the dive tab says no dives, and the logbook tab is all zeros with no data. Im sure I am doing something wrong just do not know what it would be.
Please make sure the *.sql file is actually copied to the Dropbox folder, sub folder "Divelog". Diving Log 6.0 on Windows copies the file to the local Dropbox folder, the uploading is done by the Dropbox app. Make sure the file is actually uploaded correctly. Make also sure you've downloaded the correct logbook on Android by tapping the "Refresh" button at the top of the Dropbox dialog. Have a look into the Dropbox folder to see if there is more than one *.sql file.
Al Carrero

Post by Al Carrero »

Thanks, all set up! Great Product and fantastic customer support!