Shearwater Perdix AI not connecting.

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
shortcuts

Shearwater Perdix AI not connecting.

Post by shortcuts »

Diving log seems unable to see and download from my Perdix AI.
I start DL6 on my PC > turn on Perdix and start the Bluetooth. The 'countdown begins at which point I open 'downloader' from the side bar and ........... nothing. There appears to be no way the desktop version of Diving Log can communicate with the dive computer even though it appears as 'connected' to the PC in the list of Bluetooth devices.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Shearwater Perdix AI not connecting.

Post by divinglog »

Hi

The Perdix AI is using Bluetooth LE instead of classic Bluetooth and unfortunately cannot be downloaded directly with Diving Log at the moment. I try to add Bluetooth LE support in the future, but right now you have to import from Shearwater Desktop into Diving Log.
shortcuts

Post by shortcuts »

divinglog wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 17:54 Hi

The Perdix AI is using Bluetooth LE instead of classic Bluetooth and unfortunately cannot be downloaded directly with Diving Log at the moment. I try to add Bluetooth LE support in the future, but right now you have to import from Shearwater Desktop into Diving Log.
Thank you for such a speedy response. But therein lies another problem. The Perdix AI won't communicate with Shearwater Desktop. I am in communication with Shearwater as their forum, such as it is, acknowledges a BT communication issue allegedly caused by the Microsoft Creator upgrade. No please don't ask me! I await a response.
I have found a 'work around' of sorts in that the Perdix will communicate with Diving Log on my iPhone and iPad and download dives from my recent trip which is the first time I used the new Perdix. I can then transfer by 'sync' the dives logged back to Diving Log on my PC. Not ideal but what in life is? Frustrating? Hell yes! But hey-ho life goes on.
Perhaps you could tell me please how I go about exporting dive logs from Diving Log to Shearwater Desktop. In very simple but complete terms please as IT 'things', whilst I love them, are a bit difficult to understand in my world :?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Yes, Bluetooth LE under Windows is very buggy and problemematic at the moment, that's why I haven't started using it yet. Unfortunately there is no way to export from Diving Log to Shearwater Desktop, because the file format is not documented anywhere.
shortcuts

Post by shortcuts »

divinglog wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 18:38 Yes, Bluetooth LE under Windows is very buggy and problemematic at the moment, that's why I haven't started using it yet. Unfortunately there is no way to export from Diving Log to Shearwater Desktop, because the file format is not documented anywhere.
Okay thanks for the help. It is what it is I guess.
pberlinger

Post by pberlinger »

is there some news about this?
the SW DEsktop works good, connecting to the computer in seconds, but still bno connection via DiveLog

would be nice if it works
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Not yet, but it's on the agenda.
yellowtail10

Post by yellowtail10 »

How do you get Perdix AI to sync with divelog on your phone? I have an android.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

On Android is currently no downloader included, sorry.
Scubanomad

Post by Scubanomad »

Hi,
is there an update on how / when to connect and upload dives directly from the Shearwater Perdix AI into Diving Log 6.0?
Thank you.
pberlinger

Post by pberlinger »

so far i know - no

i also still

- upload it to the "Shearwater App" on my mobile device, synch to cloud
- on my Laptop i sync with the desktop edition of "Shearwater"
- from there i import to Diving-Log...

so far :-)
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I'm currently working on the Android downloader for the Heinrichs Weikamp computers and it is almost finished. Next on my list are Shearwater computers :wink:

Bluetooth LE support in the Diving Log desktop version for Shearwater computers is also in the works right now.
steveyoules

Post by steveyoules »

This is great news! Been looking forward to this feature since I got my Shearwater AI. Can't wait, keep up the great work. Best Logging App on the planet by a long way :D
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

I have a Diving Log 6.0 beta version with Bluetooth LE support for Shearwater (and Heinrichs Weikamp) computers which you can try. Please download this zip file and copy the content into the Diving Log 6.0 program folder.

Then you will find the Perdix AI and other BLE computers in the downloader. Please try it and let me know if it works or not. If it does not work, please enable the "Log Errors" option in the downloader settings and post the error log.

Thank you,
Sven
PioM

Post by PioM »

I've tested connectivity with Shearwater Perdix AI - connection established, and import done.
That's pros.
Cons are:
Dives are numbered from 1. I have had change it in Perdix in that way it correspond with my real dive number.
Import is slow. Very, very slow. It took more than 8 1/2 minutes to see 31 dives from computer on list.
As for today, much faster way is import dives using Shearwater Desktop (list of all dives on computer in less than 15s), save dives and then import to DL using Shearwater Desktop Import.

Piotr