Customising the dive profile tables and charts

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
chhackm

Customising the dive profile tables and charts

Post by chhackm »

As an elderly diver monitoring my fitness, I would really like to be able to display a graph showing time on the x-axis and on the y-axis:
#1 Depth
#2 Gas consumption (ideally corrected for depth, so it could show actual inspired volume, not volume at surface pressure)
#3 Heart Rate
#4 Temperature (and skin temperature if possible: I have a ScubaPro G2)

I can't find a way even to bring all these columns into one table (e.g. Profile 1), let alone represent them graphically within the program. I know I could export the data to Excel or similar, but it seems to me that I should be able to customise Diving Log 6 to do most or all of this. Am I mistaken?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Customising the dive profile tables and charts

Post by divinglog »

Hello

There is currently unfortunately no way to display all the data within one chart, but you can use the layout editor to place additional charts (up to 5 overall) to display all the profiles at the same time (see image below). There is currently no gas consumption chart, but this is planned. Skin temperature is currently not imported from the G2, because there is currently no place in the profile data format of Diving Log to store this data.

I've attached a layout file with all profiles which you can download and unzip into the "Layout" folder within your Windows documents folder, sub folder "Diving Log". Right click each profile to change the data type.

Logbook23.png
Logbook23.png (156.48 KiB) Viewed 3907 times
Attachments
Profile45.zip
(1.63 KiB) Downloaded 399 times
chhackm

Post by chhackm »

That is really good - the only minor snag on my computer is that the chart labels aren't visible, but I can cope with that.
What I would really like to know is how you did it: I cannot see how to do it using options within Diving Log. Did you have to go into MS Access to do it 'by the back door', or am I missing something?
Many thanks anyway!
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Can you send me a screenshot or photo of you chart label issue? Have you setup Windows to some extra large font? This would explain it maybe, but I have to see it.

You don't have to do anything in Access, you can simply switch to another logbook layout or edit your layout in Diving Log. Please click here for a tutorial how to edit your logbook file:

https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?p=1701

You can also use the layout file which I've attached to my previous post (Download). Please download the zip file and copy the Profile45.lay file from the zip file to this folder:

C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\Diving Log\Layouts

Then you can select the layout file in the "Layout" tab of the logbook window:

Image1.png
Image1.png (20.08 KiB) Viewed 3886 times