Diving Log 6.0 Windows and Android

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
eric99

Diving Log 6.0 Windows and Android

Post by eric99 »

Hi,

I like your program! If I download the Win 10 desktop version and the android version to my tablet and smart phone do I have to pay for 3 programs or just the Windows version? I assume they an all synch with each other.

On the boat I'd have my android phone which would initially receive data from my computer via Bluetooth. The tablet is in my car and I'd synch with that once I'm done diving. Once I got home everything would be sync'd to my desktop.

Thanks, Eric
eric99

Re: Diving Log 6.0 Windows and Android

Post by eric99 »

Has anyone else done what I'd like to do? If so, how'd you do it?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Eric

Thank you very much, I'm glad you like Diving Log! The Windows and Android versions are a separate purchase, but each version can be installed on all of your devices, so it is just two purchases. Also, the Android app can be used for free, you only have to buy the in-app purchase if you want to edit the dive data (all other data can be edited also for free).

Please note, the Android app has currently no dive computer downloader yet, so if you wanted to download your dive computer, you do not need the in-app purchase for now.

Regarding syncing: As long as your tablet has internet or you transfer the logbook via USB from phone to tablet, it should be working. Please make sure to have always only one "latest" logbook file on all devices. Do not make changes to two different devices, because this can cause problems.

For example, log the dive site GPS coordinates on your phone, later transfer the logbook file to tablet and PC. Make changes on the PC, then transfer the logbook to phone and tablet before changing anything there. You can use Dropbox on Android and Windows as cloud transfer or USB:

https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?page_id=2024

Kind regards,
Sven
eric99

Post by eric99 »

Sven,

Thanks. Are the Windows and Android versions identical or does one have features the other doesn't?

Eric
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

The Windows (Desktop) version has a lot more features than the Android app, it's a big difference. The Android app is a lightweight smartphone app, the Windows version is a full featured desktop application. You can try both for free, so you can easily see the difference before buying.
wudwork

Post by wudwork »

Sven, continuing this thread as another user that is impressed with your work.

1. I read your suggestion "enter GPS data from phone, then transfer to Laptop..." It was in a thread about how to sync between devices. On my Android app, I can edit the dive site, but the box to enter GPS does not offer an option to enter GPS coordinates of phone, it requires you to enter LAT/LON as individual digits. How do you suggest getting the GPS data into Android phone ? YES, I am aware of the GPS option to click on the map, but when you are in the open water (with no land to reference) I don't know where to click to set the flag).

2. I just did a short dive without using my dive computer. I manually created that dive on my laptop and sync with Dropbox. On my Android, I did the sync and it shows that new dive, as expected. Now I want to review that on my home computer and every attempt to download from dropbox it says "Sqlite error: no such table: config" How do I get past this error so I can sync that same database to my home computer so I can do more dive editing there ?

Please advise, thanx, Tom
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Tom

1. Tap the GPS button in the toolbar (see image below).

2. Sounds like a database issue with the *.sql file in Dropbox. Upload it again from your laptop to Dropbox, wait until it is uploaded by the Dropbox app on the laptop AND downloaded by the Dropbox app on the PC. Then try to import again on the PC. The PC version of Diving Log imports the local file from the Dropbox folder, so it might take some time until the file is actually available on the PC.

Kind regards,
Sven
Attachments
GPS.png
GPS.png (45.31 KiB) Viewed 5606 times