Aqualugn i450t incorrect sample interval in profile view

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
Björn Van Brussel

Aqualugn i450t incorrect sample interval in profile view

Post by Björn Van Brussel »

Hi all,

I just imported a first dive from my i450t. Import was succesful but I discovered afterwards that the sampling interval was wrongly displayed in the application. It was set to 2sec but in the tool, it shows a sample every 1sec.

On the watch itself it says 61min, in the logbook, it shows 61min as well, yet when checking the profile, it shows only 30min dive and also the profile details show a sample every single second.

https://ibb.co/f56cs9

Is this a known issue?

I haven't tried yet by setting the sample rate to 15sec if that has any influence.

Björn
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Aqualugn i450t incorrect sample interval in profile view

Post by divinglog »

Hi Björn

You can fix this dive afterwards by clicking the clock icon in profile toolbar tab. Then you can change the interval to 2 seconds. Let me know if this problems still happens for future dives.

Kind regards,
Sven
Björn Van Brussel

Thanks Sven. Will keep you posted
Björn Van Brussel

Hi Sven, as promised I did a new test... 2 dives, one sampled at 15s, one at 2s. This time both profiles were correctly displayed. Only difference compared to previous dive was that this time, the dive sampled at 2s was shorter than 1 hour in length... not sure it could be related.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thanks for testing, I'm glad to hear it worked this time! I don't think it is related to the overall dive length. Diving Log tries to figure out the sampling rate with the first two samples. If there is for some reason (e.g. some kind of warning or special event) a shorter interval, it get's set incorrectly for the whole dive. But this should not happen often in most cases.
Björn Van Brussel

Re: Aqualung i450t incorrect sample interval in profile view

Hi Sven,

I detected something different now with my i450T. Last Sunday, I had to do an extra deco-stop. Yet, when downloading the dive, the log/profile isn't showing any deco-conditions. I have to flag the dive as deco myself and in the profile, there is no indication of the deco status.

Yet, the log on the computer itself clearly shows DECO.

Any idea?

Björn
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Björn

Some dive computers do not report if it was a deco or no deco dive. Most do not report any deco information at all, even if it is displayed on the dive computer. So I think this is normal behavior for this model and you have to change this information after downloading manually.

Kind regards,
Sven
TnT

Post by TnT »

Some of the more recent Pelagic (Oceanic, Aqualung, etc) dive computers do report ndl/deco information. The i450t is one of those. The ndl/deco info is reported by libdivecomputer parser with the DC_SAMPLE_DECO sample. This reports the state for each sample. There is no flag that marks a dive as ndl or deco dive.
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

In this case you should see a NDL / Stop Time profile like below and optionally also a ceiling line in the depth profile and the deco flag per dive will be switched to "Deco". Can you check the NDL profile if there is a NDL line going to zero?
Attachments
Image1.png
Image1.png (26.16 KiB) Viewed 7474 times