Perdix AI

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
FrankT

Perdix AI

Post by FrankT »

I'm sure someone can share some light on this. I just upgraded from a Perdix to the AI version. I can not get it to download in DivingLog and I can not assign a COM port in the services tab like I did before. I'm guessing this is due to the Bluetooth LE, or am I forgetting something? I hope I don't have to download into Shearwater and export it to Divinglog. That will be a pain, and not sure how long I will do it before giving up. I am on Windows 10 as well, I know the LE will not work in with 7.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Perdix AI

Post by divinglog »

Hi Frank

The Perdix AI is unfortunately currently not supported by libdivecomputer, because of the Bluetooth LE protocol. It is currently unclear if or when it will be possible to directly download this computer with Diving Log.

Unfortunately the only way right now is downloading into Shearwater Desktop and then importing into Diving Log. I'm doing this myself with my Uwatec computer, even though I could download it directly with Diving Log. That way I also have the original data in the manufacturer software, even thought it is a bit more work. But hopefully I will be able to add support for the Perdix AI some time in the future.

Kind regards,
Sven
FrankT

Post by FrankT »

Sven,
Thanks for the reply. Hopefully you will get to add this in a future update. I don't like the Shearwater desktop, it's just to limited, especially in comparison to Diving Log.
LoeZ

Post by LoeZ »

Hi Sven,

Any news on that topic?
I am just bought Sherwater Perdix AI, and would like to know if you got it to work, I mean, if now is already possible to download directly from Perdix AI to DinvingLog.

Thanks!
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Unfortunately no news yet. I've done some Bluetooth LE experiments on Windows, but the Bluetooth LE API is extremely buggy on Windows for desktop applications (non store apps). At the moment you have to import from Shearwater desktop into Diving Log, sorry.

Kind regards,
Sven