Not saving air data

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
Gasman

Not saving air data

Post by Gasman »

Hi,
Having a few problems downloading data from an Aladin Z Nitorx.
When downloading the green bar goes across and then it just says waiting for transfer? Many attempts to get it recognised, generally have to exit the program and try again as COM port in use?

When it does work, it does not download the air data?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Not saving air data

Post by divinglog »

Hi

When it says "Waiting for transfer", you have to switch on the Aladin into the logbook view to start the transfer. The Aladin Air Z does not save a full tank pressure profile, it just saves the delta tank pressure (how much air you've used).

Kind regards,
Sven
Gasman

Post by Gasman »

Sven,

I am aware of that (going into logbook mode) that is how I have transferred for years and with this program (eventually)
What I am saying is despite going into logbook mode and then getting the green download bar in Uwatec Aladin download option, it immediately goes back to Waiting for transfer. If I come out of download mode and go back in it then tells me the com port is in use. Yes it is, but the Diving Log program?. So I have to exist the program and start it again and go through the whole process again and sometimes several times.

is the a log somewhere where I can see where the problem is?

If I try the downloader, am I meant to enter logbook mode with one hand and press the download button at the same time with the other hand?, as if I press Download first I get an IO error immediately before I have a chance to go into logbook mode?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Do you click first on the "Download" button before switching to logbook mode on the Aladin? The timing is important, you first have to initiate the download on the PC by clicking on "Download", then you switch to logbook mode on the Aladin. If you do it the other way around, the PC might miss the download command from the Aladin.

Are you using a Memomouse or do you connect the Aladin directly to the PC? If you're using a Memomouse, make sure to select "Memomouse" from the computer dropdown, not "Aladin".

The correct order is:

- Connect Aladin to PC or Memomouse
- Connect Memomouse to PC (if you use one)
- Click on "Download" on the PC
- Switch to logbook mode on the Aladin

Do not both at the same time. First click "Download" then switch to logbook mode. You can enable the error logging in Diving Log:

Gasman

Post by Gasman »

Sven,

I think I know where I was going wrong.
When the Uwatec Aladin failed I then tried the Downloader, but looking at the error log, it showed Access denied, so the same problem (locking of com port) was causing this.

When I tried it first, in the normal sequence it downloaded fine.

Thank you.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thank you, good to hear it works on the first try! Yes, the COM port is blocked for some reason when it fails, I have to look into this issue more closely.