Equipment List Enhancement Requests.

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
wvd_vegt

Equipment List Enhancement Requests.

Post by wvd_vegt »

Hi,

If you add equipment through the toolbar when the diving log is open, the equipment list in the log isn't updated until the logbook is closed and re-opened. Is it possible to update it when equipment is changed?

A further remark is that the equipment list in the log is rather small in width. Is it possible to make it as wide as the window and add a second column with the manufaturer (so you can distinguish between multiple 2 piece wetsuits for instance)?

I would also like to see a checkbox for rented/owned equipment in the equipment list.
Wim van der Vegt
lloyd_borrett

Post by lloyd_borrett »

G'day,

What he said, plus a few more thoughts.

When viewing the "Used Equipment" in Logbook mode, you can't actually scroll down to see all of the equipment used.

Sven, you might also want to think about just showing the actual equipment used on the dive that is being viewed when in Logbook mode. After all, the equipment that isn't used is hardly relevant to the dive.

Also, in Logbook mode and/or in Edit mode, it would be nice to be able to select an item of equipment and call up the details of that item.

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Good points. I'm also thinking about to combine these edit and logbook modes.
wvd_vegt

Post by wvd_vegt »

Hi,

I had some more thoughts on the equipment selection.

Altough i suggested making it as wide a the window, it's perhaps even better to add a preview of the selected item avaiable, either besides the list or below it.
Wim van der Vegt
lloyd_borrett

Post by lloyd_borrett »

G'day Sven,

Being able to save the manufacturer's URL for each equipment item would be nice.

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.