nuttcase12

Trouble Downloading from Suunto Cobra

Post by nuttcase12 »

When I try to download my dives from my Cobra, I receive an error message:
DC_STATUS_IO

The error log states the following:
INFO: Open: name=COM4
ERROR: Access is denied (5) [in serial_win32.c:152 (serial_open)]
ERROR: Failed to open the serial port. [in suunto_vyper.c:113 (suunto_vyper_device_open)]

INFO: libdivecomputer-0.dll version: 0.5.0-devel

My Cobra is connected via a USB cable to my computer. I checked the device properties for the Cobra. It says:
Suunto Sports Instrument = Universal Serial Bus Controllers
Suunto USB Serial Port (COM4) = Ports (COM & LPT)

I am trying to connect via COM4.
My computer is running Windows 7.

Please help. I just purchased the software and this is my initial download.
TnT

Re: Trouble Downloading from Suunto Cobra

Post by TnT »

The "Access is denied" error usually indicates some other application already has the serial port open. Do you have Suunto DM running at the same time?
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
nuttcase12

Post by nuttcase12 »

I think I did have the Suunto application open. I will be sure it is closed and try it again. Thanks for the update!!!
garyw90

Post by garyw90 »

I too seem to be having troubles downloading from a Suunto Cobra using Diving Log 6.0

In my situation, this is usually my backup computer. However, I when my son dives with me, it becomes his dive computer. My primary computer is a Suunto Vyper Air. Since the Cobra is normally my backup computer, I don't normally download it. However, my son went diving with me on Friday, and I want to download his dive into his log book.

I have tried to download many times, and the progress gets to differing points, and then fails. I did one download where it looked like it was going to complete, and then it failed at the end. My Vyper Air download works without problems (so far).

This one happens most frequently:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid. Check InnerException for exception details.

at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
at Divinglog.Download.Libdivecomputer.BWorker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Divinglog.Download.Libdivecomputer.dc_device_foreach(IntPtr device, dive_callback callback, IntPtr userdata)
at Divinglog.Download.Libdivecomputer.DLUniversal(LibdivecomputerDescriptor Desc)
at Divinglog.Download.Libdivecomputer.BWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Diving Log Version: 6.0.0.1
Windows Version: Windows 10

Here is another one, I think this was when it looked like the download almost completed:
System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

at Divinglog.Download.LibdivecomputerParser.GetHeaderValue(parser_field_type_t FieldType, UInt32 Flags)
at Divinglog.Download.Universal.ParseData()
at Divinglog.Download.Universal.LibDC_DownloadComplete(DeviceStatusEnum Status)
at Divinglog.Download.Libdivecomputer.BWorker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

According to the Device Manager, the Suunto driver is sated 8/26/2014, version 2.12.0.0. The first problem smells like it might be a timing problem of some sort. I'm happy to run any diagnostics or some other version of Diving Log if you need more information.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Yes, this is a problem which I'm still trying to figure out the reason for it. Please download this update and extract it into the Diving Log program folder. I can't promise this problem is fixed. Please let me know how it works for you.

Kind regards,
Sven
garyw90

Post by garyw90 »

Thanks for sending an update to help investigate this. It looks like the same result. I don't know whether including the PDBs might help to locate the problem....
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid. Check InnerException for exception details.

at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Divinglog.Download.Libdivecomputer.dc_device_foreach(IntPtr device, dive_callback callback, IntPtr userdata)
at Divinglog.Download.Libdivecomputer.DLUniversal(LibdivecomputerDescriptor Desc)
at Divinglog.Download.Libdivecomputer.BWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Please download this update and extract it into the Diving Log 6.0 program folder. Let me know if this error still happens.

Kind regards,
Sven
garyw90

Post by garyw90 »

Hi Sven, I just now saw this post.

My software updated the other day, and the downloader looks much better. Still running into problems however. When I tried to download, I got this:
System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

at Divinglog.Download.LibdivecomputerParser.GetHeaderValue(parser_field_type_t FieldType, UInt32 Flags)
at Divinglog.Download.Universal.ParseData()
at Divinglog.Download.Universal.LibDC_DownloadComplete(DeviceStatusEnum Status)

Diving Log Version: 6.0.1.0

I'll be glad to help you continue to troubleshoot this.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Yes, I think I finally figured out the NullReferenceException that happened only when "Log Errors" was active. This is a new error which I'm currently tracking with another user and seems to happen only for some Suunto computers. It is happening while reading a dive header. Can you download this test build (unzip into the application folder) and run the downloader again with "Log Errors" enabled. You should see a popup error message (please copy and paste it here) and send me also this file (or attach it here):

C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Diving Log\Downloader.txt

Thank you for your help!
Sven
garyw90

Post by garyw90 »

Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow

Tank parsed: 210|70|4294967295|0|0|0
Tank Parsed: 200|42|4294967295|0|0|0
Tank Parsed: 204|72|4294967295|0|0|0
Tank Parsed: 204|46|4294967295|0|0|0
Tank Parsed: 196|36|4294967295|0|0|0
Tank Parsed: 202|62|4294967295|0|0|0
Tank Parsed: 204|42|4294967295|0|0|0
Tank Parsed: 202|32|4294967295|0|0|0
Tank Parsed: 202|66|4294967295|0|0|0
Tank Parsed: 200|52|4294967295|0|0|0
Tank Parsed: 212|48|4294967295|0|0|0
Tank Parsed: 202|34|4294967295|0|0|0

After that, the dives imported! Big progress! thank you.
Attachments
Downloader.txt
(53.63 KiB) Downloaded 409 times
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thank you very much, I found the root of this problem. Please download this update and extract it into the Diving Log program folder. Then the download should complete without error. Thank you very much for your patience and help!
garyw90

Post by garyw90 »

Yep all good! 8)