Apparent Bug

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
GHDave

Apparent Bug

Post by GHDave »

Hi! I created a custom layout in Logbook and saved it. I then changed away from it by clicking on one of the layouts listed at the top in the layouts tab. I attempted to reload the layout I had saved, but when I click on "Open" at the top left I get

Unhandled Exception
An Error Occurred

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.ContentElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
at DevExpress.Xpf.Bars.BarItem.RaiseItemClick(BarItemLink link)
at DevExpress.Xpf.Bars.BarItem.<>c__DisplayClass57.<OnItemClick>b__56()
at DevExpress.Xpf.Bars.BarItem.OnItemClick(BarItemLink link)
at DevExpress.Xpf.Bars.BarItemLink.OnClick()
at DevExpress.Xpf.Bars.BarItemLinkControl.OnClick()
at DevExpress.Xpf.Bars.BarButtonItemLinkControl.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.

at MS.Internal.AppModel.ShellUtil.GetShellItemForPath(String path)
at Microsoft.Win32.FileDialog.PrepareVistaDialog(IFileDialog dialog)
at Microsoft.Win32.FileDialog.RunVistaDialog(IntPtr hwndOwner)
at Microsoft.Win32.FileDialog.RunDialog(IntPtr hwndOwner)
at Microsoft.Win32.CommonDialog.ShowDialog()
at Divinglog.frmLogbook.tbbLayoutOpen_ItemClick(Object sender, ItemClickEventArgs e)

Diving Log Version: 6.0.0.1
Windows Version: Windows 10

Is this indeed a bug, and how do I get my layout back. Should I be saving my layouts in the same folder the others are? In my case that is on my Data drive in D:\Diving Log.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Apparent Bug

Post by divinglog »

I've sent you a patch via email. Please let me know if that problem is fixed.
GHDave

Post by GHDave »

Have not got email with patch yet, will try it as soon as I do!

Dave
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Dave

I got the same question via email at the same time, I thought it was you but it was another user with the exact same issue. Please download this update and extract it into the Diving Log program folder. Please let me know if the problem is fixed. Seems to be related to Windows 10.

Kind regards,
Sven
GHDave

Post by GHDave »

That seems to work; that is to say that I don't get the error message anymore.

However, in the Layout tab at the top of the Logbook window, when I "Open" the .lay file from the Open command in the upper left hand corner above the folder icon, nothing happens. When I open a layout from the choices above the word "Layouts" in the center of the window, including the Custom Layout that I saved in the Layouts folder, that works. I guess I don't understand the difference between these two.

By the way, is there a way to change the location of this Diving Log folder (that contains Backups, CSS, Filter, and so on)? I keep my data files in Dropbox to be accessible by my desktop and my laptop, and would like to do likewise with this folder too.

Thanks,

Dave
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Dave

I'm sorry, I do not understand the issue with the two open buttons, can you make a screenshot of the other button?

Currently you cannot move the Diving Log documents folder, but this is something I want to add. In the meantime, it is maybe possible via "Symbolic Links" like described here:

http://www.howtogeek.com/174765/how-to- ... ndows-8.1/

Kind regards,
Sven
GHDave

Post by GHDave »

Maybe I'm totally misunderstanding something, but here it is. The Open button on the left (left red circle) opens a list of .lay files, but clicking on one of them and clicking Open does not change the layout. The Layouts command at the center (right red circle) does change the layout.

divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Dave

Thank you, I forgot another change in the code to make that work with the new file open dialog. Please download the update again. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Kind regards,
Sven
CZS

Post by CZS »

divinglog wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2015 19:46 Hi Dave

I'm sorry, I do not understand the issue with the two open buttons, can you make a screenshot of the other button?

Currently you cannot move the Diving Log documents folder, but this is something I want to add. In the meantime, it is maybe possible via "Symbolic Links" like described here:

http://www.howtogeek.com/174765/how-to- ... ndows-8.1/

Kind regards,
Sven
Sven,

Hate to revive an old thread, but is it possible to move the Diving Log documents folder yet? I see that the database can be moved/opened from other locations, but the custom layout, etc get recreated in "My Documents". Any way to change that?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

I'm sorry, changing the documents folder location is unfortunately still not possible. I will increase the priority for this feature a bit. Thanks for the reminder!

Kind regards,
Sven
CZS

Post by CZS »

divinglog wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:57 Hi

I'm sorry, changing the documents folder location is unfortunately still not possible. I will increase the priority for this feature a bit. Thanks for the reminder!

Kind regards,
Sven
Wonderful, thank you Sven!
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

It is now possible to change the Diving Log documents folder. If you want, you can download this beta version and copy the content into the Diving Log 6.0 program folder. Then you can change the path in the menu File > Preferences > Folders:

Attachments
ConfigureFolders.png
ConfigureFolders.png (18.59 KiB) Viewed 9873 times