lost temperature profile

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
mke

lost temperature profile

Post by mke »

I have just upgraded from version 5.0.15 to 5.0 16.
Dives downloaded with the new version, from a Suunto Vyper using the Downloader, do not show any temperature information (the temperature data was provided by the old version). Can this be corrected? Can I get back to version 5.0.15?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: lost temperature profile

Post by divinglog »

Hi

No need to go back to version 5.0.15 completely, you just have to download the attached file and extract it into the Diving Log program folder. This will revert just the downloader back to the one from 5.0.15, everything else remains 5.0.16

However it would be better to find the root of this issue. I have to ask Jef, but if I remember right, the Vyper does not record a full temperature profile, but only records temperature at start, end and lowest temperature. Libdivecomputer and Suunto DM create a fake temperature profile from it, which looks like straight lines with only one change. This is not a realy temperature profile and Jef probably decided to not report such a fake profile anymore.

So you probably have not lost a real profile, but only 3 temperature values connected by a line. Those values are also stored in the "Water Temperature" and "Air Temperature" fields.
Attachments
libdivecomputer-0.zip
(106.96 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
mke

Post by mke »

Thanks for the reply. You are right about the very limited temperature data available from the Vyper, which is still available from the logbook fields and in the table view in Diving Log version 5.0.16.
Last edited by mke on Mon Jun 29, 2015 19:37, edited 1 time in total.
TnT

Post by TnT »

divinglog wrote:However it would be better to find the root of this issue. I have to ask Jef, but if I remember right, the Vyper does not record a full temperature profile, but only records temperature at start, end and lowest temperature. Libdivecomputer and Suunto DM create a fake temperature profile from it, which looks like straight lines with only one change. This is not a realy temperature profile and Jef probably decided to not report such a fake profile anymore.
Yes, that's correct. The fake 3 point profile has been removed from libdivecomputer and replaced with the new surface and min/max water temperature fields.
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html