Diluent indicator

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
schelvis

Diluent indicator

Post by schelvis »

Hi,

Because it is not possible to sort the tanks, this time I added the tank to the dive before I did the shearwater desktop import:

Tank 1 - Oxygen CCR
Tank 2 - Air CCR
Tank 3 - Nitrox 40 bailout

After importing the dive from the Shearwater desktop, in the graph it shows I've used Oxygen as diluent. If I export the dive itself to CSV it states the O2 fraction of the dil is 0.21. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Diluent indicator

Post by divinglog »

I'm not sure if this would work currently, but without data to reproduce this, it is difficult to say what exactly happens here. I would guess that adding the tanks before the import simply confuses the import function, which probably duplicates the tanks. Each tank has a unique ID (0 - 9) which is referenced in the profile. Adding the tanks before importing the profile probably does not work well, even though I've never tried that scenario.
schelvis

Post by schelvis »

Just curious... How is the import working exactly? No new tanks are created during import. Does it keep track of every gas switch and links it this way to the configured tanks?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

The first tank is saved directly in the logbook table in the dive data. Existing data is not overwritten during the import when you choose "Update existing dives", so this would explain the wrong first tank and why it displays oxygen as diluent (diluent is probably the first tank in Shearwater and thus it is linked to your oxygen tank).

However any additional tank should have been duplicated during the import, because the import function does not check if there are already tanks configured. The import function only checks tanks created during import to avoid duplicates and links them to profile gas switches.

You can see the "TankID" in the profile data column or in the profile editor to see which tank is linked in the profile.
schelvis

Post by schelvis »

I found a workaround :) I enter the tanks first, then import and replace the gas in the profile. Works like a charm in Diving Log.