Sorting of tanks

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
schelvis

Sorting of tanks

Post by schelvis »

Hi,

When I download my dive from my Shearwater Predator I get my dilluent tank and my configured bailout gas. However, I would like to add my oxygen tank also and save it as the first tank.

Is there a way to sort the tanks?

Leo
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Sorting of tanks

Post by divinglog »

Hi Leo

I'm sorry, sorting tanks is currently not possible (maybe I'll add this in the future). But you can still add of course the oxygen tank. Maybe if you configure also your oxygen tank in the dive computer, it may be imported automatically, but I'm not sure about that.

Sven
schelvis

Post by schelvis »

Hi Sven,

Comming back on this point, I see when I open the database in Access there is a field SortOrd in the tanks table. This does exactly what I want :)

If you not want to add sorting buttons to the interface at this moment, would it then be possible to edit the Tanks table in the table editor? Now I need to have Access installed on my notebook.

Leo
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Leo

Yes, in the database there is a SortOrd field for this feature, but it is not yet implemented in the user interface. I'll try to implement that in the near future in version 6.

Kind regards,
Sven
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Leo

This feature will be available in the next 6.0 update. If you have version 6.0 installed and want to test it now, please download this update and extract it into the Diving Log 6.0 program folder. You will find two new buttons in the tank dialog to move a tank up or down in the list.

Please note, you can only move tank number 2 - 10. The first tank is fixed and can't be deleted or moved to another location in the list.

Kind regards,
Sven