DivingLog can't see DiveMate folder on tablet, google drive?

Discussions about the smartphone versions
Diver4242

DivingLog can't see DiveMate folder on tablet, google drive?

Post by Diver4242 »

I installed and paid for Diving Log 5 and DiveMate USB. I have both running, with Diving Log on my windows 7 PC and DIveMate USB on my Google Nexus 7 Android tablet. When I go to sync from Diving Log, I choose android then DivingMate USB, but when I get the dialog box to save the .sql file I don't see the DiveMate folder in there with the other ones from my attached Nexus 7. When I look on the Nexus 7, it seems to be there, but I can't seem to see it from the PC. Any help on this? Maybe DiveMate really didn't create the folder on the tablet file system yet?

Also any support for Google Drive? I don't have dropbox and don't want to open an account since I use Google Drive. Thanks, great app.
Diver4242

Re: DivingLog can't see DiveMate folder on tablet, google dr

Post by Diver4242 »

Solved it, you have to reboot the tablet for the new folders to show up in windows explorer when you connect to PC via USB. still would like support for google drive, i emailed the DiveMate USB developer and he said it's on the list. hopefully diving log 5 can see my google drive folder already.

Newest problem is that when I try to export and I select the DiveMate folder, Diving Log 5 says "Can't save here, please choose another location". If I save it to my PC drive and then manually copy it, then it works. So it's a Diving Log 5 problem. Any help?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

The phone has to be connected in USB mass storage mode in order to save the file directly to the phone. Unfortunately most phones connect now via MTP protocol, which does not allow standard file operations directly to the phone. So right now the only workaround is saving the file to a temporary folder on the PC and then copy it in Windows Explorer. Google Drive is something I want to add, too.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

I've added Google Drive support in the latest beta version. Please download this update and extract it into the Diving Log program folder. Please let me know how it works.

Kind regards,
Sven