Update for Windows Mobile 6

Discussions about the smartphone versions
divinglog
Site Admin

Update for Windows Mobile 6

Post by divinglog »

You can download an update for Windows Mobile 6. Download the file divelogWM6.zip to your computer and unzip it, then copy the included Divelog.exe file to your Pocket PC into the Diving Log program folder. Before, install the normal setup from the download website, the SQL Server and the .NET Compact Framework don't need to be installed, because they are already included in Windows Mobile 6.
norris

Re: Update for Windows Mobile 6

Post by norris »

When I try and do the install it tells me that it is not a valid application. So it never really creates a folder in Program Files. Am I missing something?
I have downloaded the zip and have the files, am I only to move the .exe over to the phone? Should I create a folder in Program Files and if so what should it be named in order for it to work?
By the way I have a Treo 800w with windows 6
Thanks for any help you can give.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Update for Windows Mobile 6

Post by divinglog »

Hi

You must install first the normal setup and then copy the content of the zip file into the installed program folder of Diving Log.

But I recommend you go directly to the new version 4.5, which can be installed without any updates to WM 6. It is flagged as beta, but it is running stable and will be soon as official download available. You can find all information and downloads here in the blog: Diving Log 4.5 for Windows Mobile. So you don't need the zip file from above anymore.

Sven