Can't Access External Storage

Discussions about the smartphone versions
garyw90

Can't Access External Storage

Post by garyw90 »

Love the application, I have used it for years.

I recently changed my phone. It was an Android, and now is a newer Android (A51). When I launch Diving Log on the Android I get the following message box.

External Storage
Diving Log needs to access the
external storage to create an open
logbook files. Do you want to grant this
permission now?

I click Yes, and get the same message box. In effect, I am unable to use Diving Log, nor can I import the files from my PC. How can I fix this? Uninstall Diving Log and reinstall? Is there some other setting that needs to be updated?

Thanks for your support!
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Can't Access External Storage

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Have you tried to close and launch the app again after clicking "Yes"? Strange, normally it should still work, even though Android has changed the external storage access in newer versions. In November 2021 Diving Log cannot use the "Diving Log" folder as logbook storage anymore, but old apps should still work.

If it still does not work you can try this beta version. This one still uses the old logbook folder, but tarets a newer API.

KInd regards,
Sven
garyw90

Re: Can't Access External Storage

Post by garyw90 »

Hi Sven, I know my response is a bit late.

I tried installing the beta version below, and still had the same problem. I also tried removing the micro SD card, still with the same result. Finally, I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, and the error went away.