BLE Download for Oceanic Pro Plus 4

Discussions about the smartphone versions
gjc999

BLE Download for Oceanic Pro Plus 4

Post by gjc999 »

Hi, I was looking to see if there are any known issues with download dives from the Pro Plus 4 via bluetooth. I can do the download via the Pelagic DiverLog+ app, but when I try the current version of Diving Log for Android, I can't seem to connect to the device. It waits at "Searching Bluetooth LE devices..." for a bit and then, times out with a message asking if the Pro Plus is turned on, etc.

I can provide logs and whatnot if there is some debugging that can be performed.

Some details: The phone shows the pro plus as paired to the phone. Android version is 9.
In the error log, the Pro Plus shows up in both the paired BT list as well as the BLE list. Final error is:
ERROR: Bluetooth Timeout after 30 seconds.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: BLE Download for Oceanic Pro Plus 4

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Yes, this is a known issue and will be fixed shortly in the next update. I can provide an APK if you want to try it.

Kind regards,
Sven
gjc999

Post by gjc999 »

Hi,

I'm happy to try out an APK if it helps you verify changes. Let me know how I can grab the APK at your convenience.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Sorry that it took so long, but you can try this beta APK which should work now.

Kind regards,
Sven
gjc999

Post by gjc999 »

Thanks, I'll give this a try shortly!
gjc999

Post by gjc999 »

Hi,

The Beta image loaded and worked quite well in connecting and downloading the dive details. Only recommendation I would make is adding a % sign in the process completion progress wheel. :D I was able to download 6 dives directly, all in bulk. Thanks for the updates!
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thank you very much, that is great news!