Syncing to iphone

Discussions about the smartphone versions
sterlingunan

Syncing to iphone

Post by sterlingunan »

I'm unable to sync from a Windows 10 pc to iPhone using onedrive. I've tried all export formats and keep getting the same results - I can select the new export but in about 10 seconds the file is greyed out and a red circle with a white line appears at the corner of the download. Nothing else to indicate what might be wrong. Was able to sync the log about 1 month ago so maybe I've forgotten how to do this? Version of Diving Log are both most current on iPhone and Win10 machine.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Syncing to iphone

Post by divinglog »

Are you using the OneDrive sync function from the "Web" toolbar menu?

Image1.png
Image1.png (16.54 KiB) Viewed 14578 times
sterlingunan

Post by sterlingunan »

yes. I've tried that several times. I've also tried everyone of the exports to a one drive folder. The behavior on the iPhone is always the same. I've attached two screen shots from my iPhone so you can see what I see. Appreciate any help.
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-11-11 at 1.25.46 PM.png
Screenshot 2019-11-11 at 1.25.46 PM.png (132.14 KiB) Viewed 14575 times
Screenshot 2019-11-11 at 1.21.41 PM.png
Screenshot 2019-11-11 at 1.21.41 PM.png (125.28 KiB) Viewed 14575 times
gregm

Post by gregm »

Hi,

I actually posted a response to your question that you posted on the More Mobile Software forums (I don't see this one until Sven pointed it out to me). You can check this post for some additional information and a workaround:

More Mobilesoftware forum post

I would like to know which version of iOS you are running (based on your screenshots I can see that it is iOS 13, but I'm interested in the exact version as I think this problem started with a recent iOS 13 update).

Thanks,

Greg
sterlingunan

Post by sterlingunan »

Hi Greg. I wasn't able to get logged on again to see my earlier post so I recreated my account - looked for my earlier post but couldn't find it so please forgive the duplication. my version of ios is 13.1.3 . I'll check the other post for your suggested work around.
gregm

Post by gregm »

No problem, I glad that we were able to get connected.

I'm still looking into why OneDrive suddenly stopped working. Please let me know if you are able to get to your logbook using the work around that I proposed.

Cheers,

Greg
sterlingunan

Post by sterlingunan »

Hi Greg. I didn't need to use the workaround but it did lead me in the right direction. The onedrive app on my iphone was behaving pretty much the same way as the divelog app. I could browse and see files but was unable to download anything and I received an alert that there was a problem with my account settings. I had to reset my onedrive credentials on the iphone and from there everything worked.

On a different topic - I'm a dm for local dive shop and would like to put together a class for our clients that includes use of your software. Do you have a quick reference or something similar I could use for handouts?

thanks for your help. I'm working again!
gregm

Post by gregm »

Excellent, I'm glad that you sorted it out and that it didn't require waiting for an updated version of OneDrive. I'm sure this will be helpful for other users as well.

I'm sorry to have to say that I don't have any kind of a summary available for how to use Dive Log. Years ago I did some YouTube videos that provides a basic tutorial, but they are so out of date now that they would not be of much help. There is some summary information on our website (www.moremobilesoftware.com under "Dive Log") but it is not very extensive. We really need to do more tutorial oriented materials, but we tend to focus the resources we have on features (and keeping up with iOS and dive computer manufacturer's changes).

Cheers,

Greg