Windows Touch and Phone

Discussions about the smartphone versions
MikadoWu

Windows Touch and Phone

Post by MikadoWu »

Are you still supporting the Windows Touch and Windows Phone Apps? Both Apps no longer sync to OneDrive, with the Touch version Crashing when you hit sync. Windows Phone now states the "API is no longer supported, please see https://aka.mc/livedkmigration for information about migrating your information to Microsoft Graph".

I know that I am probably the last Widows Phone user, but it is such a great phone and your App is amazing on it.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Windows Touch and Phone

Post by divinglog »

Hi

You're actually not the last Windows Phone user, I got a few reports about the broke OneDrive sync during the last few days. I've posted a workaround for Windows Phone and Windows Store app in the blog:

https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?p=2516

Unfortunately I won't update the Windows Phone app anymore because the platform has been killed by Microsoft. The Windows Store app future is also a bit uncertain, as it is still a Windows 8 app and porting to UWP is a lot of work and I'm thinking about putting the Desktop app into the store. So for now the workarounds with "Import" and "Export" are unfortunately the only solutions I can provide :cry:

Kind regards,
Sven
MikadoWu

Post by MikadoWu »

Sven,

Thank you so much for the reply and support for the Dead Phone. I certainly understand the reason for not further developing the app and do not blame you. That Said, the APP is perfect for me, so no reason for update it. :)

I generally use the Desktop App for 85% of my use. I use the Phone for carrying all my C-Cards and reviewing my dives with new divers.

I bought the Windows Touch Store App, mostly just to support your effort, it is the one I use the least.

Good Luck.... It is a pleasure using your products.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thank you very much! :)
Olivier44

Post by Olivier44 »

Hi Sven,

Recently the log import procedure no longer works on WindowsPhone App, message "The method or operation is not implemented."
The procedure works with Windows Touch.
How to do ?

Regards
Olivier
Regards.
Olivier
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hello Olivier, please see the link I've posted in the 2nd post above for a workaround:

https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?p=2516

Kind regards,
Sven
Olivier44

Post by Olivier44 »

Sven,

Thanks for the quick reply and sorry I did not specify that I was using the new procedure, but I still have this error message.

Regards
Olivier
Regards.
Olivier
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Olivier

Then the OneDrive sync is even broken in the Windows Phone system. You can use the same function to copy the logbook file to the Windows Phone documents folder (Use "This device" instead of "OneDrive"). Then you can access the file in Windows Explorer when the phone is connected to the PC.

In the PC version you can use the "Diving Log" import function to import the *.sql file or the "SQLite" export function to export the logbook to the phone. You just have to copy the *.sql file manually with the Windows Explorer between phone and PC.

Kind regards,
Sven
Olivier44

Post by Olivier44 »

Ok Sven, thanks for the answer.
Sorry that Microsoft has damaged your work.

Regards,
Olivier
Regards.
Olivier