Android app 1st appearances feedback

Discussions about the smartphone versions
jaroldzero

Android app 1st appearances feedback

Post by jaroldzero »

Hi, having moved from iOS to Android I needed something that would hook into DiveLogDT on my Mac & found your mobile app; having installed it I thought I'd drop you a few lines with my thoughts & suggestions for improvement
  • Dives List - would be cool if this also presented some 'summary info' such as Max Depth, Dive Time, Time of Dive, Country
    Dive Detail - I've seen lists of equipment used on dives in other apps (& this is recorded in the DiveLogDT database for example), could this be included in the app - you already have an equipment list under Logbook
    Logbook: Statistics - love the charts!
    Logbook: Dive SItes - the map tab is simply a photo whereas the actual map is by tapping on the co-ordinates - is this a naming issue
    Logbook: Buddies -any way for this to integrate with Contacts on the phone?
Thanks for taking the time to develop this!

k
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Android app 1st appearances feedback

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Thank you for your feedback! iOS Dive Log, DiveLogDT and Diving Log for Android (and Windows) are using the exact same logbook format, so no data is lost when syncing between any of these devices. Even when some data is not displayed on some device, the data is still there in your logbook and not lost. As soon as it is implemented in the app user interface, the data existing data will show up.

Diving Log for Android was just launched this year, so some features are missing that are available in the iOS app, which exists now for some years.
jaroldzero wrote:Dives List - would be cool if this also presented some 'summary info' such as Max Depth, Dive Time, Time of Dive, Country
I've made some improvements in the latest update, but the details will only show up on tablet screens or in landscape mode if there is enough space.
jaroldzero wrote:Dive Detail - I've seen lists of equipment used on dives in other apps
The data is there, it's just not yet accessible in the Android app at the moment
jaroldzero wrote:Logbook: Dive SItes - the map tab is simply a photo
Yes, I have to rename that. "Map" means in this case a map image, e.g. a photo of the whiteboard during briefing.
jaroldzero wrote:Logbook: Buddies -any way for this to integrate with Contacts on the phone?
You can import from the contacts in the latest update
jaroldzero

Post by jaroldzero »

Thank you very much for your comprehensive response, I will upgrade to the paid version & look forward to further updates

All the best
robota04

Post by robota04 »

Hi Sven,

Love the Android app works great for what i need.

As mentioned previously, I second the ability to see the equipment used on a particular dive (for Android App), like we can on the Dive Log 6.0 computer software.