Sync'ing Windows Phone 8 and Diving Log (Metro Win 8.1 App)

Discussions about the smartphone versions
radagar

Sync'ing Windows Phone 8 and Diving Log (Metro Win 8.1 App)

Post by radagar »

Hi All,

I am having a few issues syncing between WP8 and the 'modern' (metro) app in Windows 8.1.

I am making changes on my Windows 8.1 PC, uploading the logbook to SkyDrive, then downloading on WP8. However, the data on WP8 never sees any of the changes - just the default 'example' dive.

Also, even after giving SkyDrive permissions on WP8 for the app to access and make changes, it prompts me to sign in every time I try and sync.

Note, I have the full version of the metro app and the trial of the WP8 app.

Anyone else having the same issues?

Thanks.
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Sync'ing Windows Phone 8 and Diving Log (Metro Win 8.1 A

Post by divinglog »

Hi

In the Windows Phone app, swipe to the main menu and tap on "Manage Logbooks". Please check if there is more than one logbook file on the phone. You may have opened a different logbook file than the one you're using in the metro app. Also in the sync screen, tap the "Refresh" button in the app bar to ensure you're seeing actually the correct logbook list from SkyDrive. If there is more than one logbook file in your SkyDrive, make sure you select the correct logbook file before downloading.

Not sure about the login issue. The login data is stored automatically by Microsoft, so I don't have much influence here. Normally it works just fine. Maybe try to uninstall the app and reinstall it from the Marketplace. Let me know if you have still any problems.

Kind regards,
Sven
radagar

Re: Sync'ing Windows Phone 8 and Diving Log (Metro Win 8.1 A

Post by radagar »

Thanks Sven,

All working now, you were correct had two log book files of the same name.

Might check my Microsoft account settings regarding the login issue.

Chris.