Dive Log Pro not able to see files to sync on Andriod

Discussions about the smartphone versions
Pink192

Dive Log Pro not able to see files to sync on Andriod

Post by Pink192 »

Dive Log Pro not able to see files to sync on Andriod Sony Experia Miro.

When syncing, I can see phone, and the path to the files, but the files folder is blank(but they are there), so it will not update.

My get around is, sync to a folder on the PC, then transfer that file to the andriod folder, and overwrite, but surely the sync should work and make it easier for me!

rgds
ScubaSteviePink
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Dive Log Pro not able to see files to sync on Andriod

Post by divinglog »

You can only sync directly to the phone, when the phone is connected in "USB mass storage mode" (it will have a drive letter in Windows Explorer). When the phone is not connected in this mode, your workaround is unfortunately the only way. For some phone this can be changed in the Android settings.
racerfern

Re: Dive Log Pro not able to see files to sync on Andriod

Post by racerfern »

I "think" I see the problem. Diving Log Pro looks to the EXT SD card but in reality, the EXT SD card is really part of the internal phone memory on my Galaxy S3. There have been numerous complaints about the fact that almost nothing gets stored on the SD card itself unless you manually force it there.

So for me, I export and it ends up on \sdcard0\divelog (this is phone memory). From there I manually copy it to extSdCard\divelog (actual microSD card) and then the app imports it as it should.
Many thanks,

Fernando