Sync issue Windows phone 8/skydrive/pc client

Discussions about the smartphone versions
scubadiver71

Sync issue Windows phone 8/skydrive/pc client

Post by scubadiver71 »

I am new to this app/application and using the (trial) desktop version and the paid Windows Phone App.

I used the Phone app during my last holiday and uploaded the dives registered on my Phone App to skydrive. At home installed the (trail) desktop version and imported/downloaded my divelog.sql file from skydrive to the desktop client.
On the desktop client i did some testing/deleting/creating/adding foto's etc.... and uploaded and downloaded the file to skydrive several times.

As I finished "playing" with the client version I wanted to go back to the Original file so I re-uploaded the (Original correct) divelog.sql file from my Phone again to skydrive and the downloaded that file to the PC client, so far no problems.

I then added photo's and additional info and dive details on the PC Client and uploaded the file to skydrive.
The opened my Phone App, connect to skydrive and downloaded the latest file to my Phone. Here is where problem starts.... I now see different data and dive details (even missing dives) on my Phone then on the PC client............... even the date and time details on the Phone say I have downloaded the version I uploaded from the PC client.

Any Idea to solve this??

Kind regards
Richard
scubadiver71

Re: Sync issue Windows phone 8/skydrive/pc client

Post by scubadiver71 »

Issue is solved 8) 8) 8) After purchasing the full desktop version I uploaded the file again from the Desktop Client. and then imported the file to my Phone and I see all the logged dives again :mrgreen:
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Sync issue Windows phone 8/skydrive/pc client

Post by divinglog »

Hi

First of all, thank you for purchasing Diving Log! :) I'm not sure what caused the problems with the trial version, because normally there is no difference (except that it exports just the first 10 dives to sql). But it's worth mentioning that the desktop version exports the sql file only to the local SkyDrive folder on the PC, so it takes a little while after the export completes until the SkyDrive app actually uploads the file. So when you try to download it on the phone right away, you might get still the old version.

Kind regards,
Sven