Sync: Error loading to Windows 8 app and Windows Phone App

Discussions about the smartphone versions
neilc

Sync: Error loading to Windows 8 app and Windows Phone App

Post by neilc »

Hi,

I've been syncing my dive log to both my Windows Phone and Surface RT successfully for sometime. However, tonight syncing has stopped working on both of them. I get no error message, but the programs crash (presumably... the devices return to the Shell with no error messages).

I've tried deleting the DiveLogSync.xml and SQL file from Skydrive and recreating them from the PC, but still get the same problem.

The last edits I made to the logbook were to add some comments and I created a filter.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Neil
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Sync: Error loading to Windows 8 app and Windows Phone A

Post by divinglog »

Hi Neil

Please send me your desktop logbook to info (at) divinglog.de and I'll have a look at the problem.

Kind regards,
Sven
neilc

Post by neilc »

Hi Sven,

Thanks for being willing to look at this . I tried again this morning and I'm now able to sync - I suspect there was a glitch for my account on Skydrive for the last couple of days since I couldn't even sync the sample logbooks!

Sorry for the distraction and thanks again for the excellent program!
-Neil
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi Neil

Thank you, I'm glad it works again! Just a tip: after the export to SkyDrive is completed in Diving Log, it still takes a while unitl the SkyDrive app completes the upload. Watch the SkyDrive icon in the tray to see when the actual upload is completed before trying to import on the phone/tablet. Diving Log just exports to the local SkyDrive folder, the uploading is done by the sync app.

Kind regards,
Sven