How do I remove a dive profile in the IPad app?

Discussions about the smartphone versions
MARINA

How do I remove a dive profile in the IPad app?

Post by MARINA »

On starting to use the app I edited the "sample" dive so that it become my first dive. However, I can not delete the dive profile that was already there. Any suggestions?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: How do I remove a dive profile in the IPad app?

Post by divinglog »

Hi

I'm not the iPad Dive Log developer, but I don't think you can delete a dive profile in the iPad app. The easiest thing is probably to delete this dive and enter the data in a new, empty dive. If you have Diving Log 5.0 on the desktop you can delete the dive profile and sync the logbook back to the iPad.

Kind regards,
Sven
MARINA

Post by MARINA »

OK, will try via PC once I return home and download software ... Still in Malta with just the iPad . Cheers, Marina
gregm

Post by gregm »

Hi Marina,

Sven is right that there is no way from within Dive Log to directly remove a profile from a dive. Typically, one would delete the sample dive rather than edit it, but many people do edit the sample dive as it is an easy way to get started.

One way that you can effectively remove the profile from your dive #1 is to create a new dive #1 and then delete the original dive #1. You can use the feature in Dive Log that allows you to create a new dive using a previous dive as a template to transfer most of the data that you have already entered. There are a few fields that will not transfer, but you can easily add those to your new dive #1. I'd suggest these steps if you'd like to do it this way (of course Sven's solution will work as well if you'd prefer to wait until you are back at your computer):

1) Renumber the existing dive #1 to be dive #0 (just so it is easier to distinguish it from the new dive you'll create). To do this tap that dive, then tap "Edit" followed by the Dive number field. Then replace the "1" with a "0" and tap Done.

2) Tap the "+" in the Dives list and choose the "or choose a template dive" option in the popover that appears.

3) Pick Dive #0 from the list of Available Dives

4) Fill in the requested information for the dive and then edit the new dive to add any missing information from your original dive #1 (which is now dive #0).

5) When you are happy with the new Dive #1, delete Dive #0 by tapping the "Edit" button on the Dives list, the the "-" next to Dive #0 and then the "Delete" button go confirm when it comes up.

I hope that helps. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

Cheers,

Greg

Greg McLaughlin
More Mobile Software
www.moremobilesoftware.com
MARINA

Post by MARINA »

Thanks Greg, your instructions worked a treat. Marina