New Android SCUBALog export

Discussions about the smartphone versions
divinglog
Site Admin

New Android SCUBALog export

Post by divinglog »

Hi everyone

To improve the current Android Dive Log situation a bit, I've created a new export to another Android Dive Log app called "SCUBALog". It is currently export only, which means you can export your desktop logbook to your phone, but not import any dives back into the desktop. But it will not only export your dives, it will export also your certifications and dive sites incl. coordinates.

Let me know if there are any problems with the data displayed on your phone. I hope this improves the current Android situation a bit and you have some more choice.
bowlofpetunias

Re: New Android SCUBALog export

Post by bowlofpetunias »

Thanks Sven, have imported my log book (over 700 dives) with no problems ...
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

The SCUBALog sync is now included in version 5.0.8: https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?p=1272
wheijdem

Post by wheijdem »

Hi Sven. Thnx for adding support for Android Scubalog. I've just bought the new app and tried to import the dives from diving log.

The scubalog.db ended up in the wrong folder. I've have also Dive Log on my android and the export ended up the the divelog folder, which is the folder used by Dive Log???? When I copied the scubalog.db to the android\data\cc.coldbeer.scubalog the import was succesfull...

Let me know if you need more info to investigate
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

I was not sure if SCUBALog also has it's own folder on the SD card, so I kept the "Divelog" folder for now. I'm not sure if I can automatically access the android\data\cc.coldbeer.scubalog folder. Rename the Divelog folder on the phone, then Diving Log should prompt you to save the file. Try to save it directly into the SCUBAlog folder.
wheijdem

Post by wheijdem »

He Sven, I figured that trick out myself and it works like a breeze. I'm pretty sure that the android\data\cc.coldbeer.scubalog\files folder is always there as long as Scubalog is installed.

I've said it before, but once more: Diving log rocks!
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thank you! :)