Problem syncing iPhone to PC

Discussions about the smartphone versions
enoodma

Problem syncing iPhone to PC

Post by enoodma »

Hi,

I am new to both Dive Log on iPhone and Diving Log. Just established my Diving Log database with input from both Suunto Stinger and Liquivision Xen without any problems.

Now I have a database in my iPhone that I synced over. I have added one dive there, and at the same time added a few dives on the PC. When I sync I get a prompt on the PC "Do you want to delete 14 items from your desktop logbook?". Clearly these are the dives I added after I had transfered the logbook to the iPhone. When I answer "No" nothing seems to be transfered to the PC, not even the new dive. Is there any way to achieve this, or do I need to add the dive manually on the PC, and henceforth make sure I only make additions to one platform only in order for sync to work?
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Problem syncing iPhone to PC

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Yes, this is a problem to avoid. Make only changes on one platform between syncing. So to solve this, just add the dive on the PC and then sync everything to the iPhone and you'll be fine from there. Then, when adding anything on the iPhone, sync to the PC before proceeding on the PC and then everything back to the phone.

Kind regards,
Sven