Export diver info to Android

Discussions about the smartphone versions
elsif1

Export diver info to Android

Post by elsif1 »

Hello! I'm loving the app so far. One request. I know the Android app supports the importing of Diver information via diver.txt. I'd be interested in seeing support for exporting this file in Diving Log. If it's possible to load the cert info/cert pictures, that'd be nice as well, but I'm not if it would support that anyway.

By the way, if you ever plan on porting your app to Android/iPhone (which I'm sure would be welcomed by both camps), you can check out http://xamarin.com/monoforandroid or http://xamarin.com/monotouch/ if it would make it easier for you. The caveat is that I don't think VB is supported yet, so you may have to wait for that.

Thanks again for a great app!
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Export diver info to Android

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Thank you very much, I'm glad you like Diving Log! You can export the dives.txt file from the Android sync dialog:

When the phone USB drive is not detected, you can select any folder on your PC and the dives.txt file will be exported there.

Yes, I'm watching MonoDroid from xamarin for some time. As you've mentioned, VB is unfortunately not yet supported, so I'm waiting currently to see how things develop. I can read C# and also write it, but I'm a lot more productive in VB.

Kind regards,
Sven
elsif1

Post by elsif1 »

Hi Sven,
I was referring to the *diver* info as opposed to the *dives* info.

Thanks!
-JD-
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Oh, I didn't know there is another exchange file! Can you send me an example diver.txt file or the format description? I can certainly add support for it.
elsif1

Post by elsif1 »

I've uploaded a combination of screenshots and the diver.txt that represents them to:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13966140/diver.txt%20info.zip

There's another section called Memberships, but I'm not sure exactly what goes there. I'm also confused about the difference between federation and organization under Certifications. Perhaps federation would be, for example, PADI, and organization would be the certifying shop.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Thank you! I'll try to support it in the next update.
Yettinger

Post by Yettinger »

divinglog wrote:Thank you! I'll try to support it in the next update.
That woud be great, I think. By the way, when there are plans for a new update?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

There was an update just a few weeks ago, so the next update might take a few more weeks. But maybe I can include it in a intermediate beta update.
@rno

Post by @rno »

Any news on this already?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Isn't it a one-time task which takes one minute to enter this data in the Android Dive Log? Is it really that important to sync these few items from the desktop? I was very busy in the last few month working on the Windows 8 app, so I had no time for any desktop work, sorry.