Multiple independent tanks on iOS?

Discussions about the smartphone versions
MeRodent

Multiple independent tanks on iOS?

Post by MeRodent »

Will multiple independent tanks be supported on the iOS application at some stage?

I will be travelling to Vanuatu in May and the ability to log basic data is one of the features I like about the iOS software. As I'll be diving sidemount the ability to record start/end pressures for both tanks would be a great bonus.

I've already arranged to "borrow" my daughters iPod touch to cut down on baggage.
gregm

Re: Multiple independent tanks on iOS?

Post by gregm »

Hi,

Yes, multiple tank support is planned for Dive Log on iOS. Right now, any multiple tank data that you enter in Diving Log 5.0 is sent to Dive Log on iOS when you sync your data. So once the user interface for multiple tank support exists in Dive Log on iOS you'll be able to see and edit your existing multiple tank data. Unfortunately, right now you can not access this data on iOS.

I do not have a definitive date when this support will be available in Dive Log on iOS as it is dependent on a number of factors (some of which I have no control over). However, I think it is unlikely that it will be available prior to your trip in May. I am sorry about that. What you could do for that trip is capture the information about your additional tanks in the Comments section and manually transcribe that into Diving Log 5.0 when you get back home. I realize this is not an ideal solution, but hopefully it will only be an issue for this one trip.

Cheers,

Greg
MeRodent

Re: Multiple independent tanks on iOS?

Post by MeRodent »

Basically what I was planning to do.

Good to see both you and Sven responding so quickly to info requests and continuing to actively develop your products in response to user needs. :)