Pairing a New Iphone

Discussions about the smartphone versions
bluepippa

Pairing a New Iphone

Post by bluepippa »

Hi.
I have recently changed iphones and since restoring my settings to the new phoen I cant get the sync to work.
DL5 sees the phone but continually comes up with network error when i try to send my pc log to the iphone.

I assume its because the new phone never got paired,

Is there a way of repairing the phones pairing. Or wont this solve my issue.

cheers
Daryl
rene

Re: Pairing a New Iphone

Post by rene »

Hello,

You can try to restart your Wi-Fi router (see also : viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1638)

rené
bluepippa

Post by bluepippa »

Hi,

I have tried resetting wifi router, but it doesnt help.
The DL5 software identifies the iPhone, so I assume it is paired ok... When you try to send data to the iPhone however,you get the "converting" text and the blue line advances, however when the blue line gets to 100% everything sits there for 2 minutes before a network error appears...

Any more suggestions?
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

The pairing happens after the connection is made, so the problem is in the network communication. In most cases resetting the router fixes the problem, but you tried that already. Make also sure that no firewall is blocking Diving Log on your PC, but I think you've changed nothing on your PC, so we can exclude that, too.

Another possibility is that you've connected your iPhone to another network, make sure that iPhone and PC are in the same network.

Kind regards,
Sven
olife

Post by olife »

I have exactly the same problem. I use the same network, install Safari, Divelog new. no firewall.
But no sync.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Hi

Safari is not needed, but iTunes, but I guess that's also installed. Have you tried to reset your WiFi router?

Kind regards,
Sven